• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic change Copy name?

New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, well after looking at countless videos with no luck I've realized that I should have stopped 

by here to begin with. And get the answers from the best source available. 

My question is, how do I change the "copy name" from "copy 1" to "edit 1" with corresponding numbers

for the multiple version of an image?  ie... "edit 1", "edit 2", "edit 3".... so on and so forth.

Thank You 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the LrC menu: Library Module - Library - Rename photo (F2 also works) In that screen, you willl find a drop down set of choices for you to use for your specific needs.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Your response helps out greatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this manually. Make sure the Copy Name field is visible in the metadata panel. Then you can change it in there. There is no way to change this so it works automatically, if that is what you're asking.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see where you can change the file name manually one image at a time or a batch renaming. I was hoping that it could be done automatically with each new virtual copy. Although noticing that after processing an image in PhotoShop and going back into lightroom it adds the word "edit" to the file name. So now I'm not sure if changing the the "copy" name would be a wise idea. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The name that comes back from Photoshop is something you can change. I just use the original file name, because the file extension is different. Choose another template at the bottom of Preferences - External Editors.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines