• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic crashes

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run Lightroom Classic it crashes and gives this prompt. Any advice?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey and later. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for advice, but it didn't work. I gave "full disk access", but still doesn't open software. It's giving me same promt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the folder that is mentioned in the dialog (user/karisilander/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom) and check it. Maybe you have an alias or another type of file named 'Keyword Sets' in there. Even with full disk access Lightroom can't overwrite a file with a folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html
Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/important-steps-for-manually-resetting-...

Quit Lightroom Classic.
macOS: Press and hold the Shift + Option keys.
Windows: Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys.
While holding down the keys, launch Lightroom Classic.
When asked, select "Yes". 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find folder user/karisilander/Library on my mac. It's missing and when i tried to create it, my mac says that somehow it already exists and cannot rename folder to Library. But i won't find it anywhere.

I tried also resetting Lightroom preferences, but got that second screenshot.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that "repair and continue", but didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find folder user/karisilander/Library on my mac. It's missing and when i tried to create it, my mac says that somehow it already exists and cannot rename folder to Library. But i won't find it anywhere.

By @Kari283410300uct

No it is not missing, but it is hidden by default in MacOS. https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020012418-Accessing-the-Hidden-User-Libr...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think i got it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines