• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Development Unit Not Working Properly

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My process is to work on a photo in Lightroom Classic and then send it to Photoshop for further editing. After editing in PS I save it, which moves it back into LRC. Normally, the saved photo I just workedon is placed back in order within the catalog folder. This enables me to tab forward within the folder to get to the next photo for processing. However, now when I save the photo in PS and send it back into LRC the photo is sent to the end/bottom of the folder. When I go back to the library to access the next photo, I hit the Devolop button on top of the screen to send it for editing. The Develp module appears to open but the screen is blank. The photo isn't there, and there isn't anything I can do except close down LRC, reopen it, and start this whole ridiculous process over again.

I'm processing on a MacBook Pro running on OS Catalina 10.15.7 and I've updared both LRC and PS to the most recent releases. I tried to shut down my computer and restart to see if that would help. It doesn't.

I'm in a huge need for this to be resolved in a hurry. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting LrC preference file? If not, then please try as doing so often fixes odd behviour. See below link for more details on options for resetting the preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This seems to have worked! WHEW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting the preferences does not work, then I suggest sharing screen captures highlighting the issue. This may allow someone to have a better idea how to address th eissue.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...when I save the photo in PS and send it back into LRC the photo is sent to the end/bottom of the folder. ...."

Fix this first!- Usually happens because the folder SORT option is set to "Added Order". Change the Sort order to "Filename".

"blank screen" will be the next problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines