Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic freezes when I try to use the copy button

Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every time I try to use the copy button Lightroom freezes, and I have to restart and lose any editings I had done.

Can someone help me with that please?

Thank you,

Regina

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us more about your system, and Lightroom version?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Lightroom update

Windows 10 Version 21H2

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Any other information you need.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you import using Add, instead, what happens?

This assumes you can, outside of LrC, copy your images to the desired folder on the hard drive.

Also, do you have any Android devices connected? (odd old problem)

hmm, the above assumes you are talking about Copy in Import, if not, please expand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if I was not clear, Lightroom freezes when I am editing in the Develop module and use the copy button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other question is, are you referring to Copy during Import, or Copy as in settings? Even if Lightroom crashes the edits are normally retained due to how Lightroom stores session information. 

It'd be good to get a list of steps you're doing that lead up to the crash. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is going on, I keep replying to your request, but it never shows here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really odd. I know in Bugs I can't reply, but I've no issues here. Clearly this one has worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is odd, I copied and paste the system information from Lr like it was suggested, and it didn't show here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you detail the steps you're taking that lead to the crash? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying and helping me, but there isn't any specific steps. No matter what I'm doing, when I try to copy edits from one picture to another, Lr freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestions are:

Reset Preferences. Hold down Shift and Alt as you start Lightroom and reset from the dialog. 

Turn off GPU in the Performance tab of Preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed your latest suggestion and it worked!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines