• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: GPU acceleration enabled slow/lag in Develop when zoomed at 100%

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 10.3 and 10.4, panning lags at 100%, any idea how to fix it or what seems to be the issue?

I have to mention I have Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates installed, latest Nvidia drivers and Adobe Lightroom updated, not sure what I can do to fix it.

Only in Develop mode i have the issue with the lag when zooming to 100%, in Library mode is working just fine.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 10.2 does not make a diffrence for me. I have found it must be something to do with adaptive sync in my monitor. If I turn off adaptive sync and g-sync in my monitor it runs perfectly. It must be something wrong with how my monitor's adaptive sync tech works with lightroom. Really sucks as this was a very expensive monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True but... GPU acelaeration is now partially used for the brush and other filters/edit functions as well so it pays to have it on even if you don't have 4k monitors (if everything is working correctly that is). I found in earlier LR versions that GPU acceleration helped a bit overall and made it all a bit smoother. I've done everything suggested in this thread and cannot get LR 10.3 or 10.4 to work the same way as 10.2. It's a problem Adobe and/or Nvidia will have to fix I think..... eventually.... any month now .... or year ...

For now I'll hang with 10.2 and keep trying new updates until the sluggish pan issue is fixed.

Interestingly though the performance in Adobe Camera Raw 13.4 is amazing!! And that has the option to use GPU acceleration. Maybe I'll go back to Bridge and Camera RAW like the good ol days (nah). This could mean the problem is to do with how ACR 13.4 works within LR 10.4??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, there is a noticeable difference running with just the CPU compared to when GPU acceleration is used. It only makes sense from a software/code level. CPUs are designed to run more data heavy calculations such as export, the GPU is designed and optimized for the graphical tools. The graphical tools such as zoom, filters, presets and other changes take longer to display with just the CPU. It is still useable sure, but it’s more time consuming when you are going though large libraries. Just wish someone would come out with a fix for this issue. I might try calling adobe again and see what they say.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely a noticeable difference between running with a GPU and not. The program is much more sluggish and does not display changes as quickly. It is very noticeable for me when I zoom in on a high rez image. The program takes longer to display the high-res image up close. It also takes longer to see my preset previews as I hover over them. At this point the only thing I have found that seems to help is disabling my monitors built in g-sync and adaptive sync technologies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found out that GSYNC really is a technology that is ahead of Adobes imagination. If this is still a problem for you, try to disable GSYNC. No, not just enable it for Fullscreen only, disable it in NVidia Control Panel. It solves all the lag issues I have with Lightroom. My rig is comparable to yours except I have an RTX2070S.
Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for into! The new update to LR 11 has fix the lag but I'll definitely look into disabling GSYNC if it's on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. However, just disabling g-sync in the control panel had no difference for me. I had to disable g-sync and my monitors built in adaptive sync technology. It’s a pain in the butt for me as I have to dive into my monitors graphics settings just to get the program to run without flickering and slowdowns.

I appreciate the comment as it steered me in the right direction but it’s not worth changing back and forth all the time. I think I will keep the monitor at its current settings and just use my CPU as the main processor for the program. The only downside is that it doesn’t run as fast or anywhere near as responsive.

Just curious as my monitor has had some incompatibility issues with other programs. What monitor are you using for Adobe Lightroom Classic? Maybe it comes down to the monitor’s aggressive adaptive sync software and its high refresh rate technology interfering with lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines