Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Install Hangs at 3%

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System: Windows 10

After Creative Cloud and Lightroom Classic had errors updating, uninstalled and attempted to reinstall.

Have reinstalled Creative Cloud and updated it after some difficulty, but Lightroom Classic fails to install, every attempt results in the install hanging at 3% exactly.

I have tried:

Installing an older version of Lightroom Classic

Uninstalling and reinstalling Creative Cloud

Uninstalling Creative Cloud and running the Adobe File Cleaner application set to remove all files from the system.

Attempting the install with anti-virus/firewall software disabled

Following reccomended options on the Adobe website (references to an Adobetemp folder which does not appear to exist).

No matter which of the above measures I take the install hangs at 3%.

Getting pretty frustrated. I have concerns that it might be related to available space on my C: drive since for *some* reason Creative Cloud has been set up to restrict where you can install it, but with ~15gbs free I would hope it could resolve. Both Creative Cloud and Lightroom Classic installed without issue when I originally got them several months ago.

If anyone has any potential solutions I haven't tried short a clean reinstall of my operating system, I would love to hear them.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried signing out in the Adobe Creative CLoud Desktop App then signing back in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have tried this. It had no effect. The download still hangs at 3%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following reccomended options on the Adobe website (references to an Adobetemp folder which does not appear to exist).

Do you have a link to that document? Can you share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the page now, but I found it googling for the error code that I was getting when Creative Cloud failed to update. It reccomended clearing the contents of an adobetemp folder which doesn't seem to exist on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15gbs free

That's most likely the cause of your problem, 15 GB is not much. As a rule of thumb, you should have at least 20% free space to ensure that applications and Windows itself run smoothly.

Move things that don't have to be on the C: drive to somewhere else. See if you can clean out at least 35 GB. There is probably lots of stuff like caches, temp files and old Windows restore points that can be deleted. Also empty the Recycle bin.

I use AVG TuneUp to find and delete all this.

If you have a 128 or 256 GB hard drive, it will fill up very quickly. 512 GB is better, and 1 TB is ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. This wouldn't be a problem if Creative Cloud would allow me to install it on any of my other, multiple TB drives, rather than forcing itself onto my tiny C: drive which is only supposed to hold my Windows install. I will see if I can make more room on this drive.

(note that I have changed Creative Cloud to install other apps to one of the other drives)

This continues to contribute to my utter bafflement that this software was designed not to install on any other drive. It's utter nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, where do you keep your catalog? What drive? 

And what drives do you have?

The catalog can be on any hard drive. LrC performance can be improved by what hard drive the catalog is on. A nice fast SSD drive would be best, a normal hard drive Ok, a slow USB drive n a pinch

The Camera RAW CACHE can also benefit by being on a fast drive.  On a Windows PC it will compete with the Windows Paging file if on the same drive, typically C

The photos can be anywhere, no advantage as todrive speed.

The program tyically on C, with some work it can be elsewhere, but not worth it, and with each update/upgrade, you will go thru the same hoops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photos, cache, LrC install, and literally everything I can make my Adobe products do is stored on a 1.65 TB SSD that I use almost exclusively for photo editing. Creative Cloud would be there too, if it would let me. The C: drive is also an SSD but a smaller one that was only intended to hold the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, having freed up an additional 10gb of space on the drive, the install still hangs at 3% as always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing not listed in your things you tried. Rebooting the computer, would recommend a cold boot.

Or did you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I suppose I didn't say that explicitly. Yes, multiple restarts throughout the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to use the link provided and copied what I think is the relevant section of the DLM log into the text below.

I think the important line is:

09/25/22 12:07:04:991 | [ERROR] | | | | | | | 1304 | failed to write data. Error code - 483

But I am unable to find support for this error code on Adobe's "Insallation Error Codes and Solutions"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading that log, some inquirys 

1. Are you using a proxy in your Internet access?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/proxy-authentication-support-creative-cloud.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines