• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic – missing folders, but not like all the other posts

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so, my photos live on an external drive. I just returned from a trip where all my photos were saving to my Home (myname>Pictures>2018) folder. So, in LR, it was looking for them in this Home folder. I just finished copying all the photos onto the external drive with the rest of them, but stupidly, I deleted the folders in my Home folder in LR, so while they live with the rest of the photos externally, that folder isn't synced. Importing the folders just seems to dupe the files. I can't think of any other way to bring those photos in to appear in LR folder section. It's almost like I just want LR to refresh the folder contents of my external drive.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just have to 'reconnect' Lightroom to the folder on the external disk. It is the same as all those other missing folder questions.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I don't have the exclamation or question mark. According to LR, nothing's wrong. What I need to do is bring 8 folders that were linked internally and I stupidly moved to the external and deleted to be seen on the external. I need LR to rescan the folder and find those folders. If something like that is possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Deleted the folders Inside of LR then you will need to Re-import them from the new location. But if you deleted them from inside LR then LR discarded any edits you made to those images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reimport them and LR duplicated the files. Is there anyway to avoid that? Seems easiest to restore from last night's backup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying you can SEE those images in LR and they do not have an exclamation mark and there is not question mark on the folder/s. Is that correct?

Then they are imported and everything is fine. If you can see them right click on one and select "Show in Explorer or Finder" and also right click again and select "Go to Folder in Library".

Are they on the external drive, IE does Show in Finder/Explorer take you to the external drive?

Does Go to Folder in Library take to the correct folder in the LR Library module Folders section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos are no longer in LR. They were but I did that dumb thing of copying them from the laptop to the external and then deleted them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are not in LR how are they be duplicated? Oh do you mean on your hard drives? If so that is because you have selected COPY at the top of the import dialog when you should be selecting ADD at the top of that dialog window. Copy Copies them from one location to another and ADD just Adds them to the LR catalog file and leaves them whee they are stored on your drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are your images organized all under one parent folder or are there sub-folders within a parent folder?

Do you have 'Do not import suspected duplicates' checked under File Handling when importing?

If your images are not in Lightroom anymore you can Add the images by clicking on the + icon in the Folders panel and navigate to the external drive, select the parent folder and choose. This will bring up the import dialog and you should be able to import again without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines