• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic no longer syncs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last couple of years I have had experienced more and more issues with Lightroom Sync. When it worked, it might take a day or two for even a small album of 10 images to sync but it would get there eventually. After a while it would stop altogether and I would have to rebuild sync data to get it to update itself. Now I find I cant get even that to work. When I try to 'Rebuild Sync Data' it closes Lightroom (back-up already saved) and reopens immeadiately with no rebuild. I have done the usual log out/log in, click on collections and deselect. I have recently unclicked all collections but they are all still included in sync. 

I have checked 'View Sync Staus' and there is nothing listed there yet, LRC is stuck trying to sync 418 images and has been for a number of days. 

I am running Mac OS Sonoma v14.5, LRC v13.4 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 13.3 introduced a new sync engine (so past experience is no longer relevant), but there still are some known issues.. Using 'Rebuild Sync Data' is no longer recommended, so I would wait for an update and try nothing in the meantime.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this last month but didn't get much success in getting an answer. 

Lightroom has always been temperamental syncing my catalogue and I used to rebuild sync data quite frequently to unclog whatever was stopping it from working. Now we are advised against doing this as a solution but nothing seems to correct the problem. I have tried closing Lightroom, paused syncing, logging out, all to no avail. I have even resorted to deleting all synced albums from Lightroom Web and it still says 'syncing 418 items' as it has done for the last month. I have un 'synced' all albums in LRC as well so in theory, nothing should be showing. One perculiarity I've noticed is that the Album title syncs almost immeadiately but none of the images. I've attached a screen video grab to show the workflow.

Can anyone get to the bottom of this for me? Am I the only one experiencing these difficulties?? I'm assuming so as there don't appear to be many items on this topic in this discussion and Adobe haven't issued any fix for it. 

I'm running Lightroom Classic 13.5 on Mac OS Sonoma 14.5 so everything is up to date as far as I can tell. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 13.3, I've had 1 item stuck syncing, but the latest 13.5 seemed to fix that. 

It's hard for me to see the details in your screen recording as it seems to have gotten compressed quite badly. However, I would suggest signing out and signing back in to your Adobe account, then try syncing again. As a troubleshooting step, I will often create a collection with 1 photo and try to sync that, to see if things are working properly, before attempting a larger album/collection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael, 

I had already tried logging out and logging back in but to no avail.

The video highlighted how syncing a collection saw the album title immeadiately synced but none of the images come across. I tried it with a new album and one that was originally synced from some time ago and neither work. It's obviously an error at my end but I can't figure out how to fix it. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This workaround is for the benefit of anyone else who seems to have encountered a similar issue. I deleted all synced data in Lioghtroom Web and started again. Time consuming and hard to fathom why it wouldn't work but it does seem to have cleared the glitch and I'm now in the process of resyncing everything again. The '418 images' have synced now so it wasn't an issue with these new collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines