• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Presets not showing up but Lightroom CC presets are

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Lightroom a ton but back when the new CC was launched I started using that for quick edits mostly.

Since that time I had computer issues and had it professionally fixed where they had to do a total reboot of my system.

Today I decided I needed to do some more photo editing and re-downloaded the Lightroom classic app to my desktop.

None of my presets are appearing in my app but it synced all the photos from my CC catalogs. The Lightroom CC is still showing all of my original presets that were imported and also created in there. I cannot find the folder in the Lightroom CC "show all package contents" that has the presets saved.

Am I missing something with how I synced?

When I go to manage presets the "user presets" is not even an option to check.

I've even tried uninstalling the app and re-installing it. I've read so many other forums about preset issues but none have had solutions that worked for me.

Lightroom Classic version: 8.1 [ 1200465 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Lightroom CC version: 2.1.1 [ 20181211-1217-31970e4 ] (Dec 11 2018)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

No, as I said, Lightroom Classic presets are stored locally. They are not in the cloud. You can export your Lightroom CC presets (right-click on them) however, and then you can import these into Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When your hard disk was 'professionally fixed' and you had a total reboot, you probably lost your Lightroom Classic presets because these are stored locally (https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/). Lightroom CC stores its presets in the cloud, so these were restored when you restored Lightroom CC.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get them from the cloud and add them back to the Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, as I said, Lightroom Classic presets are stored locally. They are not in the cloud. You can export your Lightroom CC presets (right-click on them) however, and then you can import these into Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I know this is a very old post and may not be applicable to latest Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC. I recently added some free presets to Lightroom CC (I think). I don't use Lightroom CC on my desktop. I use Lightroom Classic. So, can I export presets from Lightroom CC (WEB) to Lightroom Classic (Deskto) and if so where can I find presets in Lightroom CC (WEB)? Hope I don't sound like a complete idiot.

Thanks

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, 

I can't find where the LRCC presets are stored. Can you tell me where to find them, please?

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines