• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Preview Size Limit

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a limit to how large a file can be and lightroom Classic CC still be able to create a 1:1 preview?  I have a Tiff that is 26246 x 2899 pixels.  When I try to view it at 1:1 or any other size except "Fit" in the Library module, it refuses to draw.  I can view it in any size in the Develop module or Photoshop, but not the Library module.  Does the Library module have a size limit, and if so, what is it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The limit is 65,000 pixels maximum on either side or 512 Megapixels.

A 26246x2899 (76 Megapixels) TIFF file is well within those limits. I can confirm what you are seeing using a 16 bit TIFF with those dimensions inside LR Classic 2018 on Windows 7 and 12GB of memory. It just shows the gray background with no preview image with 6GB of free memory available.

Is anyone else seeing the same behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have given my setup details too.

Settings.JPG

I also checked the Task Manager and it showed the CPU and disk had little or no activity, and memory was at 15GB which is not unusual on my system.

If you cannot read the screen capture, I have an i7 6700K processor running at 4.00GHz and 32GB of DDR4 Sdram memory.  Windows 10 version 1703.  The TIFF file I am using is also 16 Bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest posting this at the Photoshop Family Forum as a 'Problem.' Provide full details as above and place a link to the report here so others can add their 'Me To' vote. This is the best way to get Adobe's attention and the issue fixed.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done!  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've added my 'Me Too' vote. Anyone landing here with the same issue please add your comments and Me to vote at the following Problem Report. Thank you!

Lightroom Classic Preview Size Limit | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines