• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic - RESET does not remove rotations

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove rotations applied with Photo/Rotate CW, Rotate CCW, Flip H, and Flip V.

I want the image to go back to the orientation in came into lightroom with.

I have tried Reset, but it does not work.

I understand I can "undo" Rotates and Flips manually, but for some images it is not clear what the camera thought was "up".

The rotate commands do not appear in the HISTORY list, so it can't be cleared there.

Anyone know the trick?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

LR doesn't consider rotate and flip to be Develop settings and, incredibly, provides no way of viewing the current rotation and mirroring.  You'll have to use a plugin.  The Any Crop plugin shows the rotation and mirroring for the current photo:

johnrellis_0-1668140129481.png

The Any Filter plugin filters by orientation and mirroring:

johnrellis_1-1668140277601.png

You could select all the photos with the same orientation and then use Photo > Rotate/Flip commands to get all of them back to their original state.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest way I can find is-

In Library Grid View,

Pick up the 'Painter' tool (on the Tool Bar) and set it to [Rotation:  Rotate Right (CW) ]

Now one simple click of the mouse on a preview thumbnail will 'rotate'. You can select multiple photos in Grid View and 'rotate' them all with one click of the Painter Tool. 

2022-11-11 13_55_57-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg2022-11-11 13_56_13-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg 

Remember to de-activate (click back on the grey circle) the Painter Tool after its use.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't consider rotate and flip to be Develop settings and, incredibly, provides no way of viewing the current rotation and mirroring.  You'll have to use a plugin.  The Any Crop plugin shows the rotation and mirroring for the current photo:

johnrellis_0-1668140129481.png

The Any Filter plugin filters by orientation and mirroring:

johnrellis_1-1668140277601.png

You could select all the photos with the same orientation and then use Photo > Rotate/Flip commands to get all of them back to their original state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank for both confirming my suspicions that there is no way in LR, and for offering a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines