• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic startet seit 2 Tagen nicht mehr

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, ich habe einen Apple Mac M1 Max mit b64 GB und macOS Sonoma 14.3.1 und habe Lightroom Classic seit einigen Jahren regelmäßig problemlos benutzt. Seit 2 Tagen startete LR ohne eine Fehleranzeige plötzlich nicht mehr. Ich habe das Programm deinstalliert (mehrfach) und nach mehreren Versuchen auch meinen Katalog deinstalliert und heute die neueste Version von LR Classic installiert ohne Erfolg. Alle anderen Programme (LR CC, Photoshop und Photoshop Beta) funktionieren weiterhin. Für Hilfe und/oder Vorschläge zur Behebung des Problems wäre ich sehr sehr dankbar.

Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leider kann ich auf die Antworten nicht zugreifen, nur auf die erste Antwort 😳

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your oroginal post was moved to the correct forum. Hopefully, this will lead to your issue with LrC not starting being addressed. In the meantime, please check whether there is a file with the extension 'lrcat-lock' in the folder that contains your LrC catalog. If yes, then delete file and check whether LrC now launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, unfortunately I did delete my catalog, so can`t find this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have tried to reset the Lightroom preferences to the default settings?

If no, please follow the steps below:

• Close Lightroom.
  • Windows: Hold down [Alt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
    Mac: Hold down [Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
  • Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Restart Lightroom.

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Another try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the link below.

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I tried this and it didn`t work unfortunately. My Problem is that I can`t open Lightroom Classic at all, even after resetting the LRC preferences. Don`t know how to switch off the GPU support from LRC when it isn`t on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... Don`t know how to switch off the GPU support from LRC when it isn`t on.

By @karin1210

I've wrote this in my former post.

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the link below.

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

What has been changed on your system before the error occure?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I couldn't find the file in the library. Maybe it was the latest update to Sonoma 14.3.1? That is the only change that happened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have much experience with MacOS. I'm a Windows user. The only idea I have in the moment is a complete and clean reinstallation.

Please follow the steps below:

If you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

It's sound drastic and is a lot of work, but in my experiense a clean reinstallation helps to solve problems in many cases .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for al your help and ideas, I tried this radical method but unfortunately this didn`t help either. All the other programs work fine, LrC starts for a second and then crashes (as before). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your earlier post you state that LrC doesn't open at all. Now you write that it starts for a second, then crashes. If it crashes there should have been a dialog displayed similar to attached. Did you see this dialog? If yes, did you complete (incluidng your email address)) and submit same to Adobe?

crash dialog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that I didn`t say this right: When I try to start it the it just jumps a little bit and then stops, without showing a dialogue so I couldn`t send it to Adobe. I would gladly send it if I knew where to 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo, I justbtried to start LRC and low and behold this time it worked, don`t know why but I think the complete De-and Reinstallation might be it. Thanks AxelMastt and all the others for your patience 😀 I am quite happy now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines