Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Sync Settings.

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,  All,

I exclusively use Lightroom Classic, and do not intend on using Lightroom CC and/or Lightroom Mobile. I used to use Lightroom CC/Lightroom Mobile, and had them synced to Lightroom Classic. I deleted my entire library out of the cloud as a storage location, and my images are now stored locally.

I want to sync my Lightroom Classic Collections smart previews, and more importantly developement settings, to my cloud storage. I currently have sync paused in Lightroom Classic. I do not want my original files to start to sync to the cloud if I turn on syncing again. I just want smart previews and my developement settings sent to the cloud.

My old sync data is still showing up in the sync settings. Please see the images attached. How should I set my sync settings in Lightroom Classic so only smart previews and developement settings are stored to my cloud storage? According to Adobe, Smart Previews do not take up space in cloud storage. Thanks in advance!

Allan

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic never syncs original files to the cloud, so you do not have to worry about that. Just enable sync in Lightroom Classic again. If there is nothing in the cloud already, then nothing will happen. Only the images you want to sync up to the cloud will sync (as smart previews).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, while Lightroom Classic will use Smart Previews that exist in the process of syncing, you don't actually need to make Smart Previews for sync to work. Classic will generate them temporarily in the background and upload them. As per the screenshot, these won't count against your account storage. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the opposite. I want to sync (some) photos from my desktop Lightroom to LR mobile in their original dimensions. Currently, I can only save Smart Previews with the longest side being 2560px, which is too small. Is it possible to do this within the CC ecosystem without having to export the JPEG to Dropbox and then download it onto my mobile device? (This is currently how I do it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the opposite. I want to sync (some) photos from my desktop Lightroom to LR mobile in their original dimensions. Currently, I can only save Smart Previews with the longest side being 2560px, which is too small. Is it possible to do this within the CC ecosystem without having to export the JPEG to Dropbox and then download it onto my mobile device? (This is currently how I do it.)

By @maksimtoome

You can do this as follows. Install Lightroom desktop on your computer too. Then if you want to sync an original file, sync it from Lightroom Classic first. That will sync a smart preview. After that sync has finished, open Lightroom desktop and import the same original file. You must import the very same file that Lightroom Classic has imported, not a copy! Lightroom desktop will sync this original file, and it will be clever enough to see that this is the same file as the already synced smart preview, so it will replace that smart preview. Lightroom Classic will be smart enough to understand what happened, and so it will not download this online original again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked, although it's not the simplest way to get a full-resolution photo synced. I hope that one day they will make it possible to do it in one click from LR Classic with something like 'Sync full-size to cloud'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can batch edit photos in Lightroom by copying settings from one photo (command/control-C) and pasting them to any number of other selected photos (command/control-V).  You must be in grid view to paste settings to all selected photos.  If you are in detail (loupe) view then the settings will paste to only the photo that is showing in the detail view.  If you wish to paste settings to all selected photos while in detail view, you can do so using command/control-shift-V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can batch edit photos in Lightroom by copying settings from one photo (command/control-C) and pasting them to any number of other selected photos (command/control-V).  You must be in grid view to paste settings to all selected photos.  If you are in detail (loupe) view then the settings will paste to only the photo that is showing in the detail view.  If you wish to paste settings to all selected photos while in detail view, you can do so using command/control-shift-V.

By @MdARMAN

Huh? That is an answer to a question that was not asked at all...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines