Lightroom Classic unable to update to version 11

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of Lightroom Classic: 10.2

Platform and OS: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) MacOS Big Sur 11.6.1

Hi everyone,

I'm unable to update Lightroom Classic to the newest version. The app gave me messages telling me to update, but I ran into issues. First, going to Help >> Updates leads me to the following screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 3.51.05 PM.png

It tries to tell me my administrator has disabled updates (I'm on an enterprise plan @ Penn State University), but after going through this with them, they confirmed there are no restrictions. Creative Cloud wasn't showing me the newest version available for update.

I followed the instructions here after going to Creative Cloud, but it only shows me version 10.2 available to be installed.

vincenttrost_0-1638203654639.png

That version is incompatible with the server changes needed for syncing to cloud, which is an issue for my workflow. I followed that post at least 4 times but to no avail. To CC on my machine, v10.2 is the newest which conflicts with what's here.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really does appear as if you do not have admin permissions to do the install. Have you been able to install any other software products recenetly? 

Any difference if you shut down, the reboot? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact your Information Technology support staff at Penn State.

Likely they have placed restrictions in your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey everyone, I suspected there were more lingering Adobe files that could be removed and that seemed to do the trick. Followed what's outlined here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/delete-previously-installed-application-files.html

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines