Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic User presets not showing up in LR mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi—

found a similar thread that was never answered. I have a current subscription, using LR classic (desktop). I have a set of landscape presets—they are present in the Classic version, but do not show up in the mobile version.

Can someone please explain how to access the presets on mobile (ipad)?

Thank you.

Kathy

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

That shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

As presets are not visible in Lightroom for iPad, to add to what John has suggested, could you please check here and let us know if you're able to see the presets when you edit an image? Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

What's the size of the Catalog?

Are the XMP presets located in the settings folder or did you import from a custom location?

Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings
macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sahil--

I went to the link you provided, and no, I am not able to see the presets.  It is a group of develop presets I purchased for landscape. The presets are present in LR Classic when I open on my laptop. I'm not looking at XMP presets (I get lost in a lot of the minutia). Had originally purchased LR, have used for years. Frustrating to have to keep paying monthly ad infinitum and not be able to utilize . I will not try the link provided by johnrellis​ and see if I'm able to get the presets to mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will NOW try...goodness, can't type!

I did try the link to lightroomqueen, and when following the steps she provides, I do not see a screen that corresponds to #3. I just purchased her book hoping for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis I'm using a MacBook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

3. Go to ... Lightroom menu (Mac) > Preferences > Local Storage and set Use photo cache size to 0% of your remaining disk space. This minimizes the local storage space Lightroom CC uses on your hard drive, which is handy if you’re only using it to upload profiles and presets.

Here's how to do step 3:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines