• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic v.11.0 catalog backup

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new file Lightroom Catalog-v11.lrcat-data (folder with subfolders on Windows) is supposed to be included in catalog backup from Lightroom Classic 11. I got a worried question tonight, why the lrcat-data folder was not included in the backup. In stead, there was a folder named "Lightroom catalog.lrcat-wal" with subfolders. ref added photo. The operating system is latest Windows update, and LrC is 11.0.1.CatalogBackup-V11-Nilson.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

That means that the .lrcat-data file would be empty, and that is why it is not included in the backup yet. Nothing to worry about. That file will be included in the backup as soon as it contains some data because you created an A.I. mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had you accomplished and Select Sky or Select Subject masks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I’m the user with the ”worried question” above, I will answer: none of the new tools has been tried yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means that the .lrcat-data file would be empty, and that is why it is not included in the backup yet. Nothing to worry about. That file will be included in the backup as soon as it contains some data because you created an A.I. mask.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll remain calm until I've tested it…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, JohanElzenga. Your reply is very clarifying. You explained the reason why there is this difference between my backup and RuneGN´s backup. You made my day. Thanks a lot.

The reviews I was reading told that the file .lrcat-data contains LUT data about imported profiles, and thus important information about my editing. I may have misunderstood something there.
I have been using the fantastic A.I. masks since the launching, so my .lrcat-data file/folder is included with the backup.

-- Arnold Hoddevik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the .lrcat-data file does not contain LUT data (yet). I believe Adobe is considering moving LUT data to this file as well, but AFAIK that is not the case right now.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is solved. Non of the two A.I. masks were used. That was the reason why there was no .lrcat-data in the backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines