• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic vs. Lightroom Classic CC - which one is the "right" one?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computer, there's two different versions of Lightroom Classic installed:

• Lightroom Classic (version 8.4.1)
  • Lightroom Classic CC (version 8.2.1)

Is it two different versions of one and the same software, or two different variants of Lightroom? I'm a bit confused, as Lightroom Classic CC is the most recent software name from what I know - though, that one is the older version on my computer. So, what is the "right" Lightroom Classic version?

Thanks, Torsten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 is the latest version.

Used to be Lightroom Classic CC (desktop with catalog) and Lightroom CC (Cloud).

Recently Adobe dropped the CC moniker from all their software so we now have Lightroom Classic (desktop with catalog) and Lightroom (Cloud).

Very confusing. Thank Adobe Marketing for this crazy naming scheme.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 is the latest version.

Used to be Lightroom Classic CC (desktop with catalog) and Lightroom CC (Cloud).

Recently Adobe dropped the CC moniker from all their software so we now have Lightroom Classic (desktop with catalog) and Lightroom (Cloud).

Very confusing. Thank Adobe Marketing for this crazy naming scheme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOLA YO E TENIDO SIEMPRE EL PROGRAMA LIGHTROOM CLASIC Y AHORA NO LO TENGO Y NO SE COMO DESCARGARLO  QUE PASA CON ESTE PROGRAMA YA SE QUE MI ORDENADOR NO ME ADMITE LAS VERSIONES 2022  SI NO LO ADMITE ME DARE DE BAJA IMMEDIATAMENTE .SALUDOS JOSE MATAMALA ORDEIG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Josep, see the info below for the system requirements of the latest version of Lightroom Classic v 11.

""The minimum system requirements for Lightroom Classic 11.0 have been updated:

• Windows 10 v1909 or later, or Windows 11.
  • macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or later.

Sync Minimum Version

Due to the new Masking feature, the cloud database format has been updated. To continue syncing, you must use Lightroom Classic 10.4 or later.

Lightroom Classic 10.4 still runs on older computers (e.g. Macs released since 2012 as long as they’re running macOS Mojave), and can still sync with the cloud, however Lightroom Classic 10.4 won’t understand any masking adjustments done using the newer mobile apps. Lightroom Classic 11.0 has full sync compatibility for masking.""

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muchas gracias por tu comentario tan bueno me serbira toda tu informacion un saludo de Josep Matamala Ordeig 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines