• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic will not now import a TIFF file download

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be an issue only now, using Mac OS Monterey 12.4. This after years of success on early OS with this MacPro Late 2013 when I need to import an downloaded file. (WeTransfer)

I do see hundreds of _older_ files in Downloads but a new TIFF does not appear in the Lightroom Classic Import interface when I attempt like this:

Open With  > Other > Lightroom Classic

Thoughts anyone?

DavidA

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you first open Lightroom Classic, call up the Import dialog box, and then try to import this photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can import an image in Lightroom Classic using the 'Open with' function of the Finder. The reason is that importing is not opening. You have to do this either via drag & drop, or the normal way via the import dialog in Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"I don't think you can import an image in Lightroom Classic using the 'Open with' function of the Finder. "

Hmm, in my Finder (Mac OS 12.4, LR 11.4.1), when I right-click a .tif and do Open With > Other > Adobe Lightroom Classic Classic.app, it opens LR with the Import window open and the .tif checked.

"I do see hundreds of _older_ files in Downloads but a new TIFF does not appear in the Lightroom Classic Import interface"

With that many files shown in the Import window, I often miss the one file that is checked.   At the bottom of the Import window, change Sort to Checked State with AZ (not ZA):

johnrellis_0-1656864338181.png

Scroll the thumbnail window to the very top, and the .tif should appear there checked.   

If that doesn't help, please post 1) the output from the menu command Help > System Info and 2) a full-resolution screenshot of the entire LR Import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open With.... from the finder, and selecting Lightroom Classic does invoke the Import dialog on 12.X for me. 

Really not an effective way to do this, I had to manually add Lightroom Classic, far better to simply do this from within LR using Import. But it's doable from the Finder. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks for correcting me. I typed it on my iPad so I had no way to check this. The fact that you manually have to add Lightroom Classic via 'Other' proves my point that it is not supposed to be done this way, however. Adobe did not add Lightroom Classic to Apples Launch Services, so it seems.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines