• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic won't launch

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Lightroom Classic to launch. When I try to I get spinning wheel while the computer thinks about it for a second then nothing happens, but Lightroom Classic shows up as a Background Process in Task Manager. This only happens with Lightroom Classic, I also have Photoshop and Lightroom (not classic) and both of those work with no issue. I have tried un-installing + reinstalling including using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner but always with the same result (everything except Lightroom Classic works). Is anyone able to help or experienced something similar? Details below.

Creative Cloud 5.3.1.470

Lightroom Classic 10.0

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

You may have a corrupt Preferences file, which does not get deleted during an uninstall. Close the Lightroom Classic instance in task manager and then hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and click on the LrC shortcut. When prompted, click Yes to reset Preferences.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the Reset Preferences prompt is a small dialogue box, which may be hidden behind other windows. If you don't see it, try minimizing or closing all other open windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a corrupt Preferences file, which does not get deleted during an uninstall. Close the Lightroom Classic instance in task manager and then hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and click on the LrC shortcut. When prompted, click Yes to reset Preferences.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the Reset Preferences prompt is a small dialogue box, which may be hidden behind other windows. If you don't see it, try minimizing or closing all other open windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that worked. To get LrC back to the previous state you'll need to re-enter any changes you had made to LrC Preferences and reinstall any plugins you were using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Todd. 

I'm having the same issue but using a Mac computer, how can I solve this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post your own posting on this issue?

Why you ask? Because:

• Original posting a good year old, things change, solutions change
  • Your OS is MACOS, original is Windows, different OS can have different resolutions
  • Different version of LrC, Original posting was v10.0, sice then v10.1, 10.2, and now a major change v11. Various bugs fixed along the way, and maybe new bugs introduced

When you do post your own posting, please, please, it will be very helpful if you include more system info, following is my SOP on how to do that

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Todd! This was drivng me crazy and your solution is the only thing that actually worked! Much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for 5 months. I've checked periodically and still unable to run LRC on my Mac. I've reset preferences, updated OS, updated LRC, granted full disk access, granted read/write access to folders/cache/etc and every suggestion I found from Adobe. I'm not sure if I'm the only one for whom none of these have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has had the same issue, nothing works, very very frustrating! I had to switch to the cloud Lightroom and I do not like it! If anyone has any answers please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this thread is a bit old but the ALT SHIFT thing does not work here. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Win 10 on NUC w/Intel I-7, 32G RAM, M2 SSD, Current Lr & Ps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other solutions here, having the exact same problem, ALT SHIFT doesn't give me the options documented. Windows 11. Thanks anyone who can help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved this by uninstalling, and the manually deleting the folder under \pictures\lightroom and then doing a reinstall.

Program now launches from Creative Cloud as well App shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What folder did you delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall correctly the entire Adobe Lightroom Classic folder under

Program Files\Adobe\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and this worked for me too! Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd I'm having same issue and when I hit alt shift buttons and click LRC icon I get the window coming up but where is the reset preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run troubleshooter, fixed my problem instantly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 11 and cannot get LRC to open.  I have unistalled and reinstalled both LRC and LR several times.  Now LRC appears to get hung opening the Catalog.  I have tried to reset preferences, but do not get the dialog when I use the ALT Shift Click on shortcut.  Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fix the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  I uninstalled LRC, re-installed it, deleted the Lock file and launched it.  LRC came up but when I selected my catalog, it asked if it was OK to close the current (empty) catalog and re-launch with the specifeid catalog.  I clicked OK, LRC closed, re-launched, and got stuck trying to open my catalog with this message on the desktop:

Screenshot.pngMultiple attempts to kill it with Task manager, delete the lock file, and re-launch have failed.  How does one fix this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  I uninstalled LRC, re-installed it, deleted the Lock file and launched it.  LRC came up but when I selected my catalog, it asked if it was OK to close the current (empty) catalog and re-launch with the specifeid catalog.  I clicked OK, LRC closed, re-launched, and got stuck trying to open my catalog with this message on the desktop:

Screenshot.pngMultiple attempts to kill it with Task manager, delete the lock file, and re-launch have failed.  How does one fix this???

By @Bill.R

What LrC version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the very latest version since I did a complete uninstall and re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this by deleting my catalog and unzipping the most recent backup into the default Lightroom folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my catalog wont even go to the trash, i cannot delete it. HELP!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines