• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Denoise adding random blocks and artifacts to images

Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me or shed some light why Lightroom Classic is adding these weird blocks and artifacts to my pictures once run through Denoise. There were no edits applied prior to denoise. These are on other parts of the photo as well.

Lightoom is upto date along with all drivers. My system shouldn't be the issue but here's the details
DELL XPS 17
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
Driver 531.79
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz
32 GB RAM

Plenty of storage space

I only have very basic knowledge of Lightroom so it might be an obvious setting somewhere, but if someone can help I'd be very grateful.

Images are .arw files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carliewheeler

OS Version: macOS 14.4.1 (23E224)
Graphics Processor Info: Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT - 8 GB

@robcatphoto:

Operating system: Mac OS 14
Version: 14.4.1 [23E224]
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT

It appears that Mac OS 14.4.1 includes a buggy graphics driver for the AMD 5300 and 5500 series graphics processors. Many people have reported other symptoms with that combination:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-gpu-develop-edit-view-amp-export-artifacts-a...

But the same bad driver might be causing your symptoms as well. 

One workaround for those other users is restarting LR. Does that (at least temporarily) cause Denoise to run correctly?

Another workaround for those users is to set Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off. Unfortunately, that won't help you, because Adobe inexplicably refuses to allow users to disable LR's use of the GPU for AI commands like Denoise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is a problem.  Why isn't Adobe putting out information as to how to resolve it?  Like everyone else, I used denoise and got white blocks!  So irritating that there's no explanation for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sandyd40372345, please do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running and important LR options that are set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting pink blocks! The following is my System info.

Lightroom Classic version: 13.3 [ 202405092057-40441e28 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 14
Version: 14.5.0 [23F79]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.8GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 8,192.0 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 5,212.9MB / 8,176.0MB (63%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 8,192.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 692.7 MB (8.4%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 44,524.7 MB
Memory cache size: 311.8MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.3 [ 1863 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1388MB / 4095MB (33%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1418MB / 8192MB (17%)

Cache1:
Final1- RAM:352.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, _I0A0753.CR3
Final2- RAM:355.0MB, VRAM:48.0MB, _I0A0753-Enhanced-NR-3.dng
Preview3- RAM:22.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, _I0A0753-Enhanced-NR.dng
Final4- RAM:352.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, _I0A0753-Enhanced-NR-2.dng
Preview5- RAM:22.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, _I0A0751.CR3
Preview6- RAM:22.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, _I0A0752.CR3
NT- RAM:1,125.0MB, VRAM:48.0MB, Combined:1,173.0MB

Cache2:
m:311.8MB, n:1,123.9MB

U-main: 76.0MB

Standard Preview Size: 5120 pixels
Displays: 1) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Users/sharonfazio/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog-v13-3.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/sharonfazio/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) DxO PureRAW 3
4) DxO PureRAW 3 Importer
5) Flickr
6) Luminar Neo
7) Nikon Tether Plugin
8) Topaz Photo AI

Config.lua flags:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Operating system: Mac OS 14
Version: 14.5.0 [23F79]

Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT"

Mac OS 14.4.1 included buggy graphics drivers for the AMD Radeon 5000 series graphics processors:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-gpu-develop-edit-view-amp-export-artifacts-a...

Adobe says they're working with Apple and AMD on the issue. Most people report images filled with "static", though there have been some reports about problems with the AI commands including Denoise, which haven't been merged there.

Many say that restarting their computer makes the problem go away at least for a while. The other workaround, setting Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off, won't help you, since Adobe inexplicably refuses to have the AI commands obey that setting -- the commands always use the GPU regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having an unusual problem with Denoise in Lightroom Classic 13.3.  It worked fine for me in earlier versions.  I’m using an Apple iMac with the latest Apple operating system.  The problem is that Denoise eliminates the noise in my photos, but it adds large square artifacts, some of solid colors, some filled with gibberish.  This happens pretty consistently and makes it almost impossible for me to use Denoise.  I would be happy to provide samples of the problem if that would help.  I welcome suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an Intel iMac with AMD graphics, this is a known issue. There are also problems on Windows.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-denoise-adding-random-blocks-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gcmacken, please do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running and important LR options that are set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines