• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Import Freezes Hangs Is Nearly Worthless

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of nowhere, trying to Import in Lightroom has become impossible. I click and have to wait minutes. It hangs. It freezes. If I click too many times, it crashes. What used to only take a minute or so is now taking nearly a half hour or more. It's taking forever to move between menus. Takes forever to load folders of pictures. Takes forever to do anything.

When I started, I created a catalog on a SSD external drive (I've done this many times before to the same drive without issue). To see if it was an external drive issue, I switched to a different catalog on an internal SSD and attempted to import. The same issue occured. So I don't believe it's an external/internal drive issue.

I'm running the latest Windows 10 update. I'm running the latest Lightroom Classic version. I think Windows may have updated a few nights ago (?) I also updated all my Adobe programs night before last as well. So maybe a compatibility issue?

I have an MSI Tomahawk motherboard, Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 128GB RAM, GeoForce RTX 3060 with 12GB of RAM. I don't think it's a memory issue.

I recall having this problem a while back but can't remember how it was solved. Helpful, right?

I've reset presets. I've reinstalled. I've rebooted several times. It just seems like it happened all of a sudden overnight.

I have four shoots this coming weekend and feel like puking if it's going to be like this. There's literally no way I can process shoots if Lightroom is going to crawl like this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Please have a look at the community guidelines. See the screen capture. It is important that we know the actual version number of your Operating system and the Application you are referring to.

Forum-guidelines.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reinstalled

Have you tried rolling back to a previous version?

I've rebooted several times.

We're any of those a cold boot?

also:

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I will go ahead and apologize because the issue DID turn out to be the external SSD. When I removed it and reconnected it, Windows said that it had discovered an error on the drive. Once Windows scanned and repaired the drive, everything seems to be working as it should. I've created two new catalogs and imported without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines