• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom importing JPG files alongside RAWs

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences, I don't have "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos" selected, yet, Lightroom is showing me raws and jpegs in the library. This started happening recently and I have no idea why. In the camera, I have selected Fine+RAW, the files have the same number, and only the file extension is different. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is discussed in the LightroomQueenForum in more detail, but the point here is the word 'show'. If you toggle this option in the preferences, then you will change the behavior of new imports, not of what is already in the catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This setting was off all the time so it should count for everything I already imported. I didn't toggle it recently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other answers have been given already in the other forum, including my suggestion to reset the preferences. Did you finally bite the bullet and try that, or are you still hoping for another solution?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do that as a last resort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh... Have it your way, I will no longer reply to this thread. As already said, resetting the preferences is no big deal. It takes only a few minutes to restore the settings. If you are unwilling to even do that, then there is nothing I can add to help you.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines