• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is displaying RAW images as jpeg

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I uploaded my RAW files into Lightroom I noticed the images were not flat like how it should be. Instead, they all look like the jpeg preview. The raw default standards are already set to adobe default. I tried to click the "treat JPG files next to raw as seperate" but to no avail. I'm not sure what's going on. Lightroom is up to date and so is my laptop ( I'm on a PC windows 11 ) 

In the attached image, on the left is the flat RAW image and on the right within Lightroom you can see its brighter/looks edited. 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which option to build previews to you have set on import? It's possible that LR uses RAW's embedded preview (it's a jpeg with settings of contrast sharpening etc. from the camera).

See more details here: How to specify import options in Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAW data always needs some kind of representation to start off and display. That is why LrC offers various to choose from, including some trying to aim the camera styles.

"Treat jpg files next to raw as separate.." is something completely different. It only applies when you shoot RAW+JPG with your camera - Not all camera support this mode. You can then select to see both in LrC or only the RAW file of the same shot.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the left is Windows "Photos", which has no way of accessing the raw data. What "Photos" shows you is the small jpeg preview embedded into the file by the camera.

There's nothing wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines