• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile and Raw files in Camera Roll

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a new collection in Lightroom Mobile.  I tried to add some files from my camera roll.  The raw files in my camera roll do not show up when I click on the Add from Camera Roll button.  Is working with raw files in the camera roll not an option in Lightroom Mobile?  My NEF files from my mac have synced over just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I get it right that Lr Desktop fails to import your camera roll photos when you have your mobile device connected to your  MacBook  via usb? Which version of Lr Desktop are you usering? _ Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 2015.3 release Camera Ra 9.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you update. That is several versions behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reminding me to update LR - that corrected the problem!

PK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to shoot Jpeg + RAW if your camera has that option.

I shoot Jpeg+RAW. Import the photos to the iPad and it brings everything in, Jpeg+RAW.

I then import from camera roll to LR Mobile and LR Mobile displays a little RAW label over the RAW pictures. In fact it doesn't actually show me the Jpegs.

So I bring those in and edit. When the images sync back to my desktop they are indeed the original RAW files.

I've never tried bringing a RAW only file in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you know about this, but my android phone allows for the direct import of RAW files into LR mobile... probably is available on iOS at this point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR mobile on iOS imports raw just fine indeed but you can't circumvent the system camera roll when importing from a sd card. That is an Apple restriction. Apps cannot access an sd card reader for some reason. You can directly shoot raw files from Lightroom circumventing the camera roll though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines