• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Not Syncing with Lightroom Classic

Participant ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to sync Lightroom Mobile on my Android phone with Lightroom Classic on my Windows PC.  This was working at one time, then it stopped.

I don't mind remvoving sync completel;y from all devices, for the moment, delete photos in the cloud, and basically start over.  In fact, I may prefer to do that.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

When I couldn't get CC to sync again.  I thought I had to have both running.  Turns out the problem was probably having both installed on my desktop in the first place. LOL

Thanks agin.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming this will involves re-doing syncing on:

• Lightroom Mobile app on my phone
  • Lightroom Mobile on my desktop
  • Lightroom Classic on my deaktop

but again, how to do that. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by Lr Mobile on your desktop????

There is no Lr Mobile for the desktop computer. There is Lightroom Cloud Based for Desktop computer buyt that is NOT LrM for iOS and Android.

If you use LrC mainly you should not install the desktop version of Lr Cloud base on your system.

Although many seem to do this all you are doing is confusing the sistuation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that to happen you have to Import images on your phone into the LrM app.

Is this a New PC that you have just installed LrC on?

Please not that the synce feature, from LrC to the Web and mobile system only work from One Computer and One Catalog file. Even if you move the same catalog to another computer as far as the web/mobile system is concerned it is a Different catalog and will not Auto sync.

Really need more info on what your setup is and why all of a sudden it stopped workiing. IE new computer, different catalog file, whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i actually have this problem; i have switched laptops and have made a collection on LrC on my new laptop. Now i have problem in syncing. Can you please advice on what to do next!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use one catalog, and always have.  This is not a new PC or install.

My objective is to simply sync SOME photos between my Lightroom Mobile app on my phone and Lightroom Classic on my desktop.

This worked once, so not sure what happened.  I would be happy to clear ANY syncing, and re-do syncing from scratch.  I would even delete all photos from the cloud, if need be.  No big deal.

I have Lightroom Classic as my main desktop application:

Brett_Ossman_0-1595176050242.png

and Lightroom, thinking I needed that as a go between  for my phone and desktop:

Brett_Ossman_1-1595176127994.png

and, of course the  Lightroom Mobile app for my Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and if I don't need the Lightroom (Cloud?), I can certainly delete it.  I prefer good ole Classic for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brett,

To get started you don't need what is now branded by Adobe in the Adobe Creative Cloud app as just "Lighroom the cloud based photo service". If, like me you prefer to only use Lightroom Classic please uninstall the cloud app "Lightroom". Also, if you are not using the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app to install the Adobe apps I would highly recommend you download and install it to use in helping you keep your apps up to date and to help you distinguish between what is what. I, probably like used Adobe Lightroom all back to version 3 when it was desktop app only and all this new cloud and ecosystem stuff has done nothing but confused me. I find that the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app has helped me keep it all straight, within reason that is.

Good luck and Stay safe,

Best Regards,

GEGJr

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your phone is signed in to your Adobe Creative Cloud.

Make sure that sync is not paused in LrC. Click on the cloud at the top right of screen when Lightroom is open. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 1.12.11 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

That all looks good.  

This Lightroom is syncing, but not Classic.

Brett_Ossman_2-1595179955286.png

I wonder if this LR is interfering with Classic

Do I need both on my desktop to sync with my phone?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brett,

Please see my response to your previous post. No you don't need the Lightroom Cloud app. Just Lightroom Classic. See the inserted screen shot. Hope it helps,

adobe_creative_cloud.PNG

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't starting sync from there sync all my lightroom classic photos to cloud? I absolutely do not want to do that. I just want few selected photos from LR Mobile to LR Classic, not anything else to any else direction, how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen capture of what you are seeing when you click on the cloud symbol in Lightroom classic.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It almsot looks stuck.

If I go to the web interface, the photos are there, as they are in Lightroom Cloud on my desktop.

Brett_Ossman_0-1595187292753.png

Brett_Ossman_1-1595187344343.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brett_Ossman_0-1595187466599.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not normally recommend that you run both app on the same computer. There can be some challenges. e.g. Lr will sync image original files up to the cloud storage and copies of the the original files back to your computer storage on your computer.

Better idea, LrC on desktop and Lr on laptop will sync just fine.

Free getting started guide books are available at the link below. Best to get your setup right before you run into more problems.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify a couple of points.

In your original post, you said. "I want to sync Lightroom Mobile on my Android phone with Lightroom Classic on my Windows PC"

Your phone needs to sync the photos to your Adobe Creative Cloud storage, then if sync is activated on LrClassic the photos will sync down to your desktop.

Also, there are two Lightroom applications for your computer as you are aware. see the screen captures.

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.34 AM copy.pngScreenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.10 AM copy.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I got it.  Uninstalled 3.3 off my desktop, and looks like everything is syncing.

Thank you very much for the assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, did you have Lr and LrC running at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I couldn't get CC to sync again.  I thought I had to have both running.  Turns out the problem was probably having both installed on my desktop in the first place. LOL

Thanks agin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both installed on my desktop, I only use Lr off and on and have never thought it a good idea to have them running at the same time. I think you can find some great and informative articles on the lightroomqueen web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, Adobe has been a NIGHTMARE!!! Idiot ecosystem! I've been working professionally with them for years and years and it only gets worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines