• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom parametric and point curves

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. In some tutorials ive watched, the editors made an adjustment in the pointcurve and it automaticly adjusted the parametric curve the same way. My parametric curve doesnt do this, what can i do? Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

That video, published Sep 2020, is likely showing Windows LR 9.4, which has the bug Johan alluded to. If you changed the Point Curve and then switched to the Parametric Curve, the graph would still display the Point Curve; but changes made to the Parametric Curve wouldn't be displayed in the Point Curve.  The bug was fixed in Windows LR 10.0.  

Note that this was a bug in the display of the Parameteric Curve, not in how the actual slider settings were interpreted.

[Use the blue reply button

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/FK54M2B2ZEM?t=600

Here you have it. I searched in the settings but could'nt find anything..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each of the curves accessed by these four buttons is separate (Parametric Curve, Point Curve, Red Channel, Green Channel, Blue Channel):

Untitled.png

Adjusting one doesn't affect the other. If you've read or watched something to the contrary, please post a link.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, there is a difference between Mac and Windows here. I don't recall the exact details, but I do remember a thread (here or in the feedback forum) that discussed the fact that on Windows changing one curve does affect the other and on Mac it doesn't. I'm also not sure if that was limited to a certain version, because that is not how it's supposed to be so it could be a bug.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video, published Sep 2020, is likely showing Windows LR 9.4, which has the bug Johan alluded to. If you changed the Point Curve and then switched to the Parametric Curve, the graph would still display the Point Curve; but changes made to the Parametric Curve wouldn't be displayed in the Point Curve.  The bug was fixed in Windows LR 10.0.  

Note that this was a bug in the display of the Parameteric Curve, not in how the actual slider settings were interpreted.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you a lot!

You saved me a lot of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines