• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom "Edit In Photoshop 2022" not opening images

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking photos from Lightroom Classic 11.5 to Photoshop (23.5) using "Edit in Photoshop 2022" is not working. It worked when I used this feature just a few weeks ago, but now it's not. It will load my image into Photoshop, but I cannot view the image. I was able to open attached image "Screenshot (439)edit" in Photoshop from a PNG and it opened the image as usual. I have updated everything and also tried launching Photoshop before trying to open the photo from Lightroom. I haven't found any other suggestions in current forums. I'm using Windows 10 Version 10.0.19043

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a Photoshop problem, not a Lightroom problem. Problems like these are often the result of outdated graphic card drivers, so try what happens if you disable the use of the GPU in Photoshop Preferences - Performance. If that solves it, then go to the website of your GPU supplier and look for updates.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually first up, in PS, that blasted popup for a tutorial, I think nothing will happen until you close it.

Then,  in PS that box near upper right indicating the photo, what happens when you click on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That 'blasted popup for a tutorial' isn't a popup at all. It is the Home screen of Photoshop, still showing in the background, and that is not how it should be.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aimsical I knew I had seen this problem being reported before, but initially I could not find it. Go to Photoshop Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We apologize for the challenges you're having trouble sending files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop for further editing. Please refer to the troubleshooting article below, which offers solutions to address the following problems: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-edit-in-errors.html?cgen=6JMR79DQ&mv=other

1. The "Edit In" command is grayed out.
  2. The "Edit In Photoshop" command is missing.
  3. The "Edit In" command fails to open photos in Photoshop.

We hope the suggested solutions in the article will assist in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines