• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom's HAUNTED! - Keeps scrolling through pics, menu items, etc

Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• When I open Lightroom Classic 9.3 on my Windows 10 x64 PC it's started behaving very strangely: it's like there's a key stuck on my keyboard...  it scrolls through the menus, it scrolls through the pics, and any pic I try and open in either library or develop it won't stay with it: just goes on to the next one
    Please see videos for better explanation!

I have:
  • reset preferences (no change);
  • updated graphics driver (no change);
  • disabled Graphics Card accelleration (no change);
  • uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom (no change);
  • unplugged Wacom Tablet (no change)
  • Unplugged Loupedeck+ (no change)
  • Uninstalled Loupedeck+ software (no change).
  • Uninstalled 9.3 and reinstalled 9.2. Same problem

Am not having this issue with any other software, other Creative Cloud apps included.

Any more ideas for things I could try? Any ideas what the problem might be?
Many thanks
Mark

Windows 10.0.18362 64GB RAM, lots of free HDD space. Cache on dedicated drive.
NVidia GTX980 driver WHQL 451.48

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Running LRC 9.3 on an iMac.

Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a solution, only a workaround, and maybe it doesn't work on a Mac. If I start Lightroom as an administrator, rather than as 'me' it works fine. Adobe tech support thinks it's a clash with another program or utility that runs under my profile but not under the Administrator's.

HTH

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark for the quick response. I did talk to an Adobe tech, and he just directed me to roll back to version 9.2. Before I took that step, I decided to restart the computer, and that was enough to fix the problem. I still don't know what caused that behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a WACOM Tablet or similar attached to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting you ask, because I do have a WACOM tablet, although it is not currently connected to the computer. I wonder if the installed software wasn't acting nice with LRC v 9.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not connected. So not connected via USB, what about via WiFi if available. Thinking of when the computer can communicate with the device, not so much the software that supports it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and any Android device? That is an occasionally odd one, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a long time since you posted this, but that startet to happen to me too. In my case it was a combination of a Wacom Tablet I put a notebook on top aaaaaand a wireless mouse that the receiver was on my computer, but the mouse was in my backpack *lol*. Drove me crazy until I found out, what was going on. So if everyone has the same problem and plugged in any wireless device... check if it solves the problem when you plug them out resp. check if it somehow has been triggered to scroll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you've described, it seems like you've tried a lot of troubleshooting steps already. One thing that comes to mind is to try using a different keyboard or mouse to see if the issue persists. Sometimes hardware issues can cause strange behavior like this.

Another thing to try is to create a new user account on your computer and see if the issue persists when you log in with that account, it will help determine if the issue is specific to your user account or if it's a system-wide issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very late reply, but please contact Loupedeck customer support for additional and deeper logging of the issue (if it still persists).

Would also be interesting to see from Lightroom logs what kind of messages LR receives from Loupedeck that causes this to happen.

// Karo Holmberg, Loupedeck (PO, Adobe Integrations)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This scrolling behaviour happens regularly for me too: Loupedeck +, latest Lightroom Classic, Mac Studio M1 Max - tapping the right arrow key on LD+ to go to next pic and it sets off on it's own, next pic, next pic until it reaches the end of the current LR collection... so if it happens on image 5 of 674, you may as well go do something else for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines