• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom seems to be stuck in Grid/Loupe/Survey etc mode

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom seems to be stuck in Grid/Loupe/Compare/Survey/Slideshow.  Pressing Esc or Tab doesn't bring back the sidebars. When I relaunch LR, the Develop setting preset panel shows momentarily down the LHS and then it goes to this which I can't seem to get out of. Have I pressed a shortcut key inadvertantly?? Help please! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

This is the Secondary Display window (mainly meant for people using two displays), which is apparently displayed over your main window. Press Cmd-F11 to hide it, or choose menu 'Window - Secondary Display - uncheck Show'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Secondary Display window (mainly meant for people using two displays), which is apparently displayed over your main window. Press Cmd-F11 to hide it, or choose menu 'Window - Secondary Display - uncheck Show'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much 🙂 Really appreciate your time and knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I solve in Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually explained it for a Mac user...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You da MVP.

Thank you for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into what appears to be the same issue in Lightroom Classic and pressing Command F11 as suggested above does not work.  When Lightroom opens, I get to see the Grid/Loupe etc. view as shown in the attached screen shot 1 on the second monitor. The only way I can see the normal screen ( with the library/develop etc.) view (shown in screen shot 2) is to click on the other monitor and then I can see that view in the attached screenshot.

However, if I then go to work on the photo in the develop module by clicking on the first screen (now displayingthe library develop etc view), the image displayed on that screen jumps back to the first screen with the Grid/loupe display.  

Really would appreciate some help here. Using an Intel based Imac 27" running Venture (13.4.1(c)) Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found the CMD+11 "Solution" did not resolve on my Mac. However, after plugging away for a couple of frustrating hours, I stumbled upon a resolution:

How did this happen? The 2nd display screen is toggled 'on' in the Develop page at the very bottom left. You see 2 icons shaped like displays "1" and "2". If you click "2" the optional 2nd display is shown. 

How to return to the main "Library..Develop..etc" page?  
In the top header of the window, click "Lightoom Classic"
2. Click Preferences
3.  Click the "Display" tab on the far right
4.  In the "Choose monitor for secondary window" click on another monitor
5. The "Loupe..Survey" window should pop onto the other monitor & you can now see the main page.
6. Go to Develop
7. Cick the "2" icon appearing at the very far left and just above the filmstrip

Hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!! may your life be filled with beautiful photographs!!! this was a true test of patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRILLIANT!  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 11-user here.

I'm glad you managed to solve it for the othetr happy people. However, your trick doesn't work for me because I'm stuck with the other screen in Full screen mode. Thus no menus or any other commands ara available and when I right-click on that screen I can only chose "background" colour to the screen.
I'm in desperate need of help since I tasked LR to do something that affects mare than 23000 files and I don't want to force it to stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines