• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Sync Issue with mobile and classic

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Lightroom Classic for many years.  A couple years ago I purchased a Ipad Pro for mobile editing.  I started noticing that when I have spent several hours of editing on the Ipad when I goto to my Imac and open the session I am working on, not all the edits have been synced.  There is no rhyme or reason to what photos synced or didn't sync.  I flag the photos and rate them everytime I finish editing them.  It is showing that the sync worked everytime on my Ipad.  When I go and open up the photos on my Imac if I filter all the flagged photos it shows the photos that I had edited.  But not all the edits have transfered over which is a huge headache when I am doing wedding as I have to go back and see what photos I have to re edit. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did notice today that when I opened Lightroom on my Imac, there was several photos pending to be uploaded.  They were the photos that were edited on my Ipad.  Is it possible that Lightroom on my Imac is uploading the orginals over top of the edited versions?  Because now when I go back to my Ipad they are back to the original photo and show no edits made even tho they were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not what happens when you process images that have originated in Lightroom Classic on the main computer. Lightroom on the iPad sends the changed parameters in the form of  data that Lighroom Classic incorporates into the catalog as changes for a particular image. 

I sounds more like you had a really slow connection or didn't have the apps open long enough for the sync to take place.

PS. For photos that are created on a device (iPhone or iPad) using Lightroom (Cloud Based) version, those images are up loaded in full resolution to the Adobe cloud and you can setup a folder on your main computer where you want those images from the device saved on the Lightroom Classic computer.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines