• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to photos without options

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, since a couple of days, when in Lightroom I want to edit a photo in Photoshop, lightroom doesn't ask me for the 3 standard options. The result: the photos imported in photoshop doesn't have my modifications applied in Lightroom, it imports the original picture. Does anyone knows where this configuration is in Lightroom ?   Thank all for your help. Running LightRoom & PhotShop latest versions on an OSX BigSur computer.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

@patrickl32183333 wrote:

I've by using those two software for many years. In LightRoom Classic, you right-click a photo and choose "modify in photoshop". Usualy, LightRoom was asking for a choice, now it goes directly in PhotoShop with the original photo i.e. without all the adjusments that were made in LightRoom.

You only get that choice if you send a non-raw photo to Photoshop, not if you send a raw photo. You should see the edits if you send a raw photo however, so there may indeed be someth

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

What are the version NUMBERs of Lightroom/Lightroom Classic and Photoshop?? We need the version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic 11.1, Photoshop 23.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing this problem in Windows 10, LrC 11.1, Photoshop 23.1

How are you — what are the exact steps — causing a photo in Lightroom Classic to appear in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've by using those two software for many years. In LightRoom Classic, you right-click a photo and choose "modify in photoshop". Usualy, LightRoom was asking for a choice, now it goes directly in PhotoShop with the original photo i.e. without all the adjusments that were made in LightRoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patrickl32183333 wrote:

You only get that choice if you send a non-raw photo to Photoshop, not if you send a raw photo. You should see the edits if you send a raw photo however, so there may indeed be something wrong. Try resetting the preferences: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image you select to [Edit in Photoshop]- Is it a JPG, TIF, PNG, RAW (Proprietary Camera raw NEF, CR3, etc)?

What edit "modifications" have you done in Lr-Classic Develop module?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a RAW (.CR3 file) photo. I did reset my lightroom's preferences (be deleting com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist file) and it didn't change anything 😞

I've been using those sofware for many many years and it's the first time I get that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines