• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Web Still can't sort by file name

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, I don't know why in 2021 this is still a feature we don't have. I have to use lightroom web to share previews with my team frequently and it's caused me a lot of issues over time. I would order my photos offline by file name, click make public, and then when I share the link with my team, the file order would be messed up randomly by lightroom web... And if I go onto lightroom web and click sort, I only have the option of "Capture Date" and "Custom Sort", why does lightroom web not give us the full list of sort options, specifically "Sort by File Name".

With my less technically inclined teamates who count images by their position/order in the whole link, if the sorting is messed up, their list of selects and rejects becomes completely useless because the order they saw isn't the order I saw. Please fix this, this has caused me problems many many times. Give us the full list of sorting options on lightroom web as lightroom classic, the current lack of options is frustrating and unacceptable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you post your comments/thoughts to https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-web/5f5f2094785c1f1e6cc4087a as it's the forum Adobe staffers pay atention to regarding features requests and bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The place that is shutdown.   nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get an edit button in here please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get an edit button in here please?

By @CS-CC

Due to extensive spamming of the forums by bots and spammers in the past, edits are only allowed once you've contributed to the forum for a while and got a track record as a genuine user.

In the meantime, if you need edits, you can always reply to your own post and forums mods will do the edits for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't shut down, you can make a dedicated feature request in these forums. Doing so allows others to vote and for Adobe to view the votes.

See:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late 2022 and "sort by name" is still missing, That's crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Late 2022 and "sort by name" is still missing, That's crazy.

By @ivanr60148148

I would guess that the thinking was that most users would be using the LrWeb app specifically for sharing albums with other people, especially those that want to use the "Spark"-type customisation options that only LrWeb has. Given that all shared albums are always shown in whatever Custom order has been set by the user in their ecosystem (if none has been set, Capture date would be the default Custom Order) it kind of makes sense that we only have a grid sort order of Capture Date and Custom Order (i.e. if we want to sort our own albums in different ways, which won't change the way the clients/friends view the albums, we would likely be using any of the other Lightroom apps for that).

However, if you are wanting to have your clients/friends view the shared albums in a "file-name" order, then you have to change the existing Custom order to better reflect what you want them to see. That is most easily done in the LrWeb app, the steps for that after selecting the album are as follows:

1. Click on the "Display" tab icon at the bottom of the grid (the icon which looks like an artist's palette):

Airshow_Favourites.png

2. That changes the grid view to display the album as it is currently set to be seen by the clients/friends. It's in this mode that we can customise the display by adding Text and section dividers, rearranging images as appropriate. Initially you will see a floating overlay, like this:

Airshow_Favourites 2.png 

3. If you click on the up arrow, the overlay expands to show this:

Airshow_Favourites 3.png

4. Note the option to "Reorder by" at the bottom, clicking on the down arrow will reveal all the reorder options - which includes File Name. Note carefully that selecting one of those options will reset the current Custom Order to the new option (so that's now the order that your clients/friends will now see), and that reset applies all across your system....so, if you have previously set a custom order for viewing purposes in one of your other Lightroom apps, you will find that whatever had been set there has now changed to the order you used when using that "Reorder by" button. 

Airshow_Favourites 4.png

Obviously, if you feel that you still need addtional sort order options when just viewing the standard grid in LrWeb, without changing what your clients/friends would see, I suggest you make a feature request (post in the "Ideas" section of this forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines