• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom will not read sony ARW files

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood the latest version of Lightroom supported the recent Sony A7 series, whose RAW files are Sony's own ARW files. I have the latest Lightroom but it will not read these files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Here is a list of the Sony A7 series cameras that Lightroom supports, and the version of Lightroom required. The Lightroom versions are in the highlighted area.

Capture.JPG

If you are certain you have the appropriate version of Lightroom installed, then provide more information. Can your operating system browser see the raw files? Have they been downloaded to your hard drive? What operating system are you using? What is the exact version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said when I open the CC desktop app it says that the app is up to date and only allows me to "Open"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to log out of your account in the CC desktop app and log back into it. Your CC app itself likely needs to be updated first before it will recognize available updates. I have seen it get stuck thinking there are no updates available and logging out and back in will usually fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest up to date Lightroom and it will not read/import Sony ARW files.  If I convert them to DNG files I lose more nearly half the pixels, cutting my resolution.  If I save as a photoshop file it also reduces the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jagentis  wrote

I have the latest up to date Lightroom and it will not read/import Sony ARW files.

Which exact version of Lightroom are you running? Help > System Info...

From which Sony camera model exactly?

If you're converting to DNG then you're unlikely to be running the latest up to date Lightroom since the DNG converter and Lightroom are updated with new camera support at about the same time.

Converting to DNG won't do anything to the quality of your images. There won't be any loss of resolution. Something else must be going on. What is your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom CC and am trying to import arw files from a sony a6300.  Its not recognizing the format of the files.  I am running the latest mac OS El Capitan.

I did have an older version of lightroom however that was fully removed.  The files are brand new so its nothing to do with cache of the thumbnails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it mean when you say "not recognizing"? What happens? What do you see? What is the exact unedited word-for-word error message? Give us the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"some import operations were not performed"  "the files cannot be opened by lightroom." - this is followed by a list of arw files that were not imported

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the files cannot be opened by Lightroom" probably indicates that you don't have the most recent version of Lightroom, and/or your camera model is too new.

So, please state clearly

1. The exact camera model that took the photos (saying Sony A7 series isn't sufficient)
  2. The exact veersion NUMBER of Lightroom that you are using (saying you have the most recent version is not sufficient, a lot of people say that when in fact they do not have the most recent version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help

1) sony a6300

2) lightroom cc

Lightroom version: CC 2015.4 [ 1060496 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.11 [3]

camera raw 9.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Sony A6300 supported by Lightroom at this time. So you'd have to use Sony software to open the RAWs, save as TIFF, and then import the TIFF into Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way of using another profile like sony a6000?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

therealfuchs wrote:

No way of using another profile like sony a6000?

Correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use ARW raw files in Lightroom from my Sony A7 ILCE-7 which has firmware 3.10. I am getting a message when I try to import "The following files were not imported because they could not be read. (44) I am on Lightroom CC version 2015.5 and Camera Raw 9.5. I even tried to change the files to .dng by using the DNG Converter version 8.3.0.141 and still nothing could be read. I am at a resort with poor wifi so I cannot upload the April 26, 2016 version but except for that, I believe I am up to date. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what are you trying to tell me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your destination. This error message means that you don't have write permissions in the folder you are trying to import the images into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jao vdL that was it. Now it is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Sony A6300 is not supported yet by any version of LR.

Br,

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next release of Lightroom should not be too far away so be patient.

Use raw+jpeg for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2020 and I am having the same issue with Sony A7 III. 😞 
Does Lightroom support them now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sony A7 III has been supported since Lightroom Classic 7.3 back in April 2018

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a release date for the newer version of Lightroom that will support the newer ARW files? I have the same problem with Sony Alpha 7 II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the update that came out today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Still not working for my A7ii arw files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines