• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroon Classic trouble with the "select a source" window constantly and randomly popping up.

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroon Classic trouble with the "select a source" window constantly and randomly popping up.

select a source LR.jpg

This happens randomly and very frequently when:

• I move mouse across the page
  • I chose the crop tool when in Develop module
  • Or I am simply working in LR

All updates complete and running LR Classic 11.5 (this has been happening for months with previous versions as well)

When I close LR I get this message even though I have previously closed the “select a source” window

choose import.jpg

My computer specs:

Windows 10 PC with

debbiethacker_2-1662838822566.png

This is becoming so frustrating. I appreciate any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums to Lightroom Classic.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Preferences in the 'General' tab-

Be sure this one is NOT checked.

2022-09-11 09_16_40-Clipboard.jpg

It may be that LrC is randomly detecting an external drive or a USB stick, and so initialising the Import dialog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The box was checked so I unchecked it and will hope this is the solution. appreciate your quick response. 

If by chance this doesn't solve the problem how would I continue the thread, will it remain active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how would I continue the thread, will it remain active?

Yes, Just click on the (Reply) button.

If you 'lose' the forum thread- Click on your ID icon (top-right) and [My Profile] will show all threads where you have posted.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"It may be that LrC is randomly detecting an external drive or a USB stick, and so initialising the Import dialog."

There have been two causes of these symptoms reported here over the years:

- A loose hardware connection/cable causes Windows to repeatedly detect the drive and report it to LR as a newly added volume.

- Some obscure Windows utility (perhaps an enterprise utility) would temporarily create a network drive, check something, and then delete the drive immediately, and LR would get the report of a newly added volume.

Unchecking the option suggested by Rob could make the annoying LR behavior go away, but it won't address the underlying issue.  You could keep Windows File Explorer open and try to see if you see a drive letter appear and disappear fleetingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines