• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock "Survey" on secondary display

Participant ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to force SURVEY on the secondary Display and avoid Loupe ?

What are the most practical solutions? I do not see any tool or options in Preferences

Thanks anyone !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont believe there is LR version-dependent answer for this, but I'm also noting you have used "force" and "lock" in the body of post and subject line respectively. (?)

Not sure which version you are using, but there is no Lock Survey available for my version. (Windows ATM)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I use 7,4 release ADOBE Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC and my preference would be to have the secondary display the survey more then other options,but sometimes on an image clicking turns it into the loupe mode which i want to void

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a range of images selected from the Filmstrip or Grid you can invoke Survey mode on your main monitor with the keystroke N.

On your 2nd monitor you can then select either Grid | Loupe | Compare | Survey | Slideshow from the top of screen menu which should be visible.

Once they are displayed in Survey mode on your second monitor, using the keystroke E would display the selected image in Loupe mode on your main monitor, but you should still see the Survey selection set on your 2nd monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fetusticianpj  wrote

Any way to force SURVEY on the secondary Display and avoid Loupe ?

What are the most practical solutions? I do not see any tool or options in Preferences

Thanks anyone !

Setting the secondary display to ‘Survey’ mode should ‘lock’. It does so on my Macs. Pressing Shift-N will restore it.

The only display mode that does not ‘lock’ on the secondary display is grid mode. If you go to grid mode on the main display, then the secondary display will switch away from grid (to loupe). This is intentional, to avoid confusion when you move through images using the cursor keys. If you had two grids, on two monitors with possibly a different size, then going through the images with the cursor keys might give strange results on the ‘not targeted’ monitor.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but i would like to keep the secondary monitor always on Survey. Often

whne i click on one of the slide to select it, i might click too long or

whatever and it goes to Loupe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fetusticianpj  wrote

Yes but i would like to keep the secondary monitor always on Survey. Often

whne i click on one of the slide to select it, i might click too long or

whatever and it goes to Loupe

Like I said, you can keep it always on Survey. That is what I do and I do not experience your problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines