• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long delays when interacting with images in Library module

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When browsing through photos in the Library module, I'm dealing with two VERY major delays. I've just updated to version v13.3 today, and I don't feel like I've experienced delays like these to this extent in the previous version of Lightroom.

- When updating 'Flag as pick / Unflag', it seems like the filmstrip / grid overview doesn't update at all, even though the "Flag as pick" text is displayed rightaway. I've waited 2 minutes after flagging an image using "P" and getting the text confirmation, but it's just not displaying at the bottom.

- When adding an image to the target collection using the "B" hotkey, it takes a LONG time before the "added to collection" message comes up. As in, longer than 1 or 2 MINUTES if I wait for it. Sometimes it seems to not come up at all. Just now I CLOSED Lightroom Classic, and 1 minute after closing, the "Added to collection" message showed up on my desktop!

Both of these things happen to me when browsing through a folder with about 7000 images in it. When I swap to a smaller folder and restart Lightroom, the delay with flagging was less, about 1 to 10 seconds. My entire catalog is rather large, over 400k images.

The folder I'm going through is about 24 days old, and back when I imported it I do believe I built smart previews and possibly also 1:1 previews, but I can't be sure. Either way, I don't feel like 2 minute delays or general unresponsiveness is acceptable when browsing through a folder that doesn't have those previews built.

I've restarted lightroom and confirmed that the changes I made to images (the flagging / unflagging) did save, but they just don't show up in the film strip or grid view. I d the "Metadata" column selected without any applied filters, but when I disable that (choose "None" at the top) and restart lightroom, the delay from flagging/unflagging is still about 1 minute.

I would very much appreciate if someone could help troubleshoot this issue, or let me know if it's happening on your end as well.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's still a lot of background housekeeping that goes on after an update where Lightroom needs time to get all the new resources in place. This has been mentioned in forum here a few times with previous updates, so when I saw this myself, I left Lightroom catchup and then restarted a few times. It seems better now. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If thats the case it would be awfully nice if they

A) told people that so we could know to install updates before going sleep so they had all night to do their work

B) had some indicator of when it was finished doing these things

C) since the program clearly functions immediately after installation, some mechanism that SUSPENDS THE BACKGROUND OPPERATIONS WHEN THE USER IS TRYING TO USE THE PROGRAM!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines