• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long time listener, first time caller - AMD 7900XTX video card issue?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!  I have been a lightroom user for almost 8 years.  I'm on Windows 11, the newest LR Classic application 13.2 [build 202402141005-bf1aeb84] and recently upgraded my computer to a new AMD 7950X, a XFX 7900XTX GPU, a Asus Z670E-A Wifi mother board and 64GB of DDR5.  I have two Crusical T700 PCI 5.0 NMVe 2GB SSds and have all crivers current and updated.  Unfortunately, I have been battling issues in lightroom since I upgraded.  

I am seeing a couple of things.  First, I am getting graphic anomolies in the preview file or the actual rendering of my RAW files in LRC. For example, the first photo below shows corruption where parts of he photo are whited-out when rendered on the screen.  The base file is fine and when I click on another photo and click back on the photo, it is rendering changes and it looks fine.  But its clearly not functioning properly.

Second, I have also been having issues where weird graphical patterns impose themselves on the image.  See the screen cap of the "at-bat" and "boxes".  These again do not appear to effect the underlying file and they will resolve if I move away from the fileand then come back to it. 

Finally, I have issues when using the DeNoise function.  Sometimes I can rocket through the DeNoise process, other times, the entire LR application dies as soon as I start it.  It does not give me a warning or an error message, it just terminates me back to the desk top.

After looking at trouble shooting suggestions here, I disabled the GPU acceleration and the issues have not come back or repeated themselves (over the last half-a-day).  Which is great, but also means that I lose the benefit of a high-powered GPU card.  Or at least I think that I do.  When I disable the GPU and exited out of LRC, I got the notice that the GPU was diabled and do I want to disable it.  I picked no.  But when I run the DeNoise without the GPU support, it still maxes out the GPU.  See the utilization screen shot.  Does that mean that the GPU is not accelerating performance?  Because it looks to me like it is absoutely still using it.  That said, LRC seems rock solid when I have the GPU off.

Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this issue?  Any setting in BIOS or for the GPU that I need to enable or disable?  I am within the return perioid fo the 7900XTX, but want to try to trouble shoot this without replacing the card if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

XFX 7900XTX GPU

So an AMD GPU, new driver, and very odd issues in LrC.

Perhaps see: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XFX 7900XTX GPU

So an AMD GPU, new driver, and very odd issues in LrC.

Perhaps see: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me give this a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed it.  I went into hte AMD Adreneline suite of tools and the software had created a "game profile" for lightroom classic and was applying some presets to the running of the software.  I disabled them and so far, the software has worked flawlesslessly today.  Thank you for suggesting that solution.  I had not come across it yet and thought that I was dealing with something broken in my new build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines