• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 13.0.1 crashes when changing pictures

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom Classic keeps crashing when I am changing from one picture to another picture or when I alter the develop/editing settings. I cannot really find any kind of pattern when it exactly does so, but it does so regularly that I cannot work properly.
I hoped it might be solved when the 13.0.1 was released, but didnt.

Now - I think - I found out that it might have something to do with the catalogue, as I opened another catalogue and I can work without any issues there.
Is there a way to repair the catalogue or is this issue already known? Might be a bug when converting the old catalogue to the v13?

LR Classic 13.0.1
Windows 10 Pro (22H2)
Ryzen 7 3700X and Nvidia GTX 1070

greetz,
Arne

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe Support for Catalog Repair attempts

Your issue can best be resolved by contacting Adobe Customer Care at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html. Scroll to the bottom and click on the “Start Now” live chat link in the lower right of this page. Typing “Agent” into the chat text field will bypass the initial chatbot.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx - I think I fixed it by just trying to export the old catalogue again. I lost my markings and sortings of the last shoot, but that was quite ok. So I guess something bad happened when the catalogue was converted the first time I launched v13.
At least I'm happy it's nothing more serious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Update: It seemed to be fixed, when I had exported the Catalogue again, but now I imported another new Shoot, it starts crashing again. So I'm not sure this is connected to the catalogue or something else. Very very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Update:
As I was not sure whether it is connected to the catalogue or not, as the problem occured again after importing a new set of pictures, I tried the follwing:

1. Installed the newest Nvidia Studio Drivers - NO SUCCESS.
2. Reseted Lightroom (with ALT + SHIFT) - NO SUCCESS. (think I also did that one already before)

I then contacted the Customer Service here in Germany, we tried some steps:

1. Starting LR with ALT, checking the catalogue, after checking it just opened the catalogue without any alert or note.
Kept crashing when switching photos after some minutes - NO SUCCESS
2. Creating a new catalogue and importing the old one into the new one. Took some time - WORKS UNTIL NOW.
Also tried to add another folder with pictures... seems to be working. Will keep this thread updated, if the problem occurs again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me agian... I thought the problem would be fixed - and I guess it at least had been fixed for a while... but now it occoured again.

After importing and editing some new pictures with Presets LRC started crashing again and again. This is not that funny anymore as it prevents me from working properly.

Maybe it's caused by old Presets.

Even though the *temporarily* solution is/might be to create a new catalogue and import my old one into the new one again, it's not a real solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Lightroom Classic crashes frequently - especially when moving from one image to another. It is indeed very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And no real fix on the horizon as it seems. Would be intereseting what causes this issue, as it seems we are only a few having this problem. Dont wanna import my catalog again and again into a new one to fix this...
Still having the problem and cannot work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom also seems to be very unstable for me since v13.x. LR tends to crash, especially when changing images in developer mode or setting parameters. The magnifying glass view on a second monitor also doesn't work properly and only shows a small section.

A downgrade to v13 and also a new installation of 13.0.1 and resetting the basic settings were unsuccessful.

LR Classic 13.0.1

Windows 10 Pro
NVidia GTX 1070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me all problems started with v13, v12 was stable, no problems at all.. v13 is really bad for me 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exists and there is still no solution. This is very annoying from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the LrC V13.1 update?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change.. maybe I should try to import the catalog again into a new one.. and try again. But should also not be the solution. If there is a problem with the catalog it should repair itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not necessarily. Over the years, there have been many instances where posters to this forum found their corrupted catalogs unrepairable. Great reason for multible backups. I use the Lightroom Classic backup function and also copy the entire unzipped catalog to a couple of other drives as well.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found a solution. I have been dealing with this issue for a while as well. Sometimes I can get through editing 20 photos then crash, other times only a few. But i just finished a whole shoot without a crash.

MY SOLUTION:

I went to Edit > Preferences > Performance

1. Turned off: Use GPU for image processing

2. Turned off: Use GPU for display

LR 13.1

Windows 11

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 - 64 GB RAM

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found a solution. I have been dealing with this issue for a while as well. Sometimes I can get through editing 20 photos then crash, other times only a few. But i just finished a whole shoot without a crash.

MY SOLUTION:

I went to Edit > Preferences > Performance

1. Turned off: Use GPU for image processing

2. Turned off: Use GPU for display

LR 13.1

Windows 11

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 - 64 GB RAM

Hope this helps!

By @mcaronchi

You may want to post your own discussion. While disabling the use of the GPU is often at least a diagnostic, and in nasty situations a workaround, I would not think that such a young GPU would have such issues. Yes that is not the latest, but it is not old enough to fail in this manner.

I am running with:

• LrC 13.1
  • Windows 11 Home 23H2
  • 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
  • 64 GB RAM
  • DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (31.0.15.5123) v551.23 (8 GB VRAM) (studio Driver)

and no such issues.

P.S. Inspect your GPU driver version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the note. And I agree with you. Driver for GPU is up tp date. I am going to take a deeper dive into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the same problems. GPU should not be the problem as:
I can work in other catalogues without any issues.. I imported the catalogue which causes the issue another time into a newly created one and it worked for some time. Then it started to make problems again. Other catalogues work fine and never produce this problem.
I'm quite sure there must be something within this one catalogue which causes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have a problem that seems similar to yours: no problem when switching from one image to another but when I use the "Point Color" tool LrC crashes systematically. It's hellish and it literally becomes impossible to work.

I also think it comes from the catalog because:
- No problem with old catalogs
- The problem does not resolve by installing older versions of LrC

But just like you:
- The problem lessens after creating a new catalog, but of course reoccurs almost as soon as I touch the "Point Color" tool

In one way or another the problem must be linked to the display because by deactivating the display of the effects of the "Correction" tool I was entitled to a few minutes of respite, without resolving the problem.

Maybe there is a problem with the creation of new catalogs since 13.1 version... I hope Adobe reads us and finds a solution quickly because in the meantime we continue to pay without being able to work.

Additional Information :

Nikkon Z6 II

LrC 13.1
W11 Pro 23H2 updated
CPU i5-13600k
32GB RAM
RTX 4070 GPU with updated drivers

Good luck to all !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have a problem that seems similar to yours: no problem when switching from one image to another but when I use the "Point Color" tool LrC crashes systematically. It's hellish and it literally becomes impossible to work.

By @Gu2ik
  • The original post is only 3 months old, but old enough that LrC has moved on (updated).
  • Also your problem is not exactly like the OP
  • And your OS is different (11 vs 10)
  • And your GPU is different

So, please post your own posting.

P.S. when you do post your own posting please include tour system info as LrC reports it.

My OP on that:

"Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut out as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs and it takes up vast amounts of scroll space making the reply less readable and less likely that others will bother with your post."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Seems to crash after coming back from editing a photo in Photoshop and moving to the next photo. Absolutely annoying how many bugs keep creaping into Lightroom. A while back LR had a bug of not being able to open files in Photoshop, that was fixed through an update... now this.

I am running an ASUS ProArt Intel i9 with nVidia RTX graphics card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines