• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 13 update wiped out HSL panel and also now have masking problem

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for mention of these 2 issues in the forum without sucess.  PLease help, as these tools are critical to my  work.

I don't have an HSL panel any more.

With the second issue,  for example, I will use a subject mask, and the subject now becomes greyed out almost transparent.  I can apply a color overlay, and even change exposure, etc, but this transparency remains, even after I close out of masking.

I have uploaded 1 screenshot of the second problem and a "About This Mac" screenshot.  ThanksScreen Shot 2023-10-25 at 4.45.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-25 at 5.17.25 PM.png o

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HSL settings are now under the Mixer tab of the new Color Mixer panel:

johnrellis_0-1698295061654.png

Besides the HSL change, the Auto button and the Treatment: Color | Black & White moved to the top row of the Basic panel.  You might want to read up on the new Point Color tab of Color Mixer.

Adobe's What's New doesn't alert users to these changes -- it's more focused on marketing the great new features. The Lightroom Queen What's New is much better -- less focused on marketing eye candy and more focused on comprehensively describing everything you need to know about the new version, all in one place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to your second problem, that screenshot you posted, actually two shots in one. I cannot bring it up cleanly to look at closer. Could you create a new one, just the one shot, a full size one, and repost in a reply.

You might want to consider posting several screenshots of that particular workflow. (use the insert photo separately for each shot), working thru the process that winds up with the poor results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an HSL panel any more.

By @nfjt

Whenever the user interface changes, you should look in "What's New" which is available via links here in this forum (in posts locked to the top of the forum) or via the menu command in LrC Help->What's New

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Whenever the user interface changes, you should look in "What's New" "

Wholeheartedly agree, but in this case, Adobe's What's New gives fews hints about the change to HSL and Auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS for the masked local adjustment - it may be worth re-checking all the settings including localisedTone Curve, and other such novelties, which can quietly persist to the next mask created, unknowingly.

You can reset everything so far as local adjustments for each newly made mask, by checking an option in the Masking panel - or else by re-invoking a named local adjustment preset such as Exposure - as a prelude to making the settings that you do actually want for the current image. But in case you don't know, altering local adjustment settings before adding a mask component will update the settings defaults that future masks will start with - unless those are reset regardless, by the above mentioned checkbox option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check the adjustments.  I am having problems with almost all of the masking tools.  They are not working as they did before in the LR version beofre this current one.    Very frustrating.  Instead of masking as before the subject turns mostly transparent - greyed out and does not go away, even after exiting out of masks completely.  Please scroll down for screenshot.  Thanks.

I can't put in a bigger screenshot when addwork flow is on leftwork flow is on left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB"

That graphics processor is no longer supported by AMD, with no ongoing bug fixes to its driver:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-300-series/amd-radeon-r9-...

LR's AI commands are very sensitive to bugs in graphics drivers, and Adobe is constantly changing the code in LR and Camera Raw that uses the graphics processor, trying to improve performance. It's very possible that the changed code in LR 13 is tripping over bugs in the old driver for your graphics processor. There are other reports here, starting with LR 12.4, of LR's AI commands no longer working on old Macs with AMD GPUs.

You could try disabling LR's use of the graphics processor for AI commands by following the steps here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html#lens-blur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines