• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CLASSIC CC Crashing on import

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen dozens of other people with this issue, and nothing is being done about it. My lightroom Classic CC keeps completely shutting down in the middle or end of the import dialog after I've already chosen which photos to import, etc. This is making it almost impossible to work.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times, new catalogs, importing from the computer hard drive, importing from external hard drive, and importing from memory cards. Nothing works. I've restarted my computer 3 separate times and updated to the latest operating system including the software updates.

The program was working fine until today and now this issue has been constant and in addition, my computer has been running extra slow because of lightroom.

I have an iMac with 1.6 TB of unused space. No other programs besides safari are being run at the same time. I am importing CR2 files from Canon Mark IV. (which also means i can't downgrade because the lower versions of lightroom won't read the new raw files).

The program is barely operable and we need a solution. Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have installed the lastest update of Lightroom?

Have you tried to deactivate the GPU support? Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

When you has done the reinstallation do you has running the Adobe Cleaner Tool after deinstallation?

If not do the following:

Deinstall all Adobe software

Run the Adobe Cleaner Tool

Install Adobe software one after the other.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of this and none of it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue and Adobe was of no help when they were in my system. They told me they were aware of the problem and a fix was forthcoming. Still can't use CC Classic for that reason. This was about two weeks ago. I've since gone back to using the original CC with no issues really and I'll stay on there until they figure out how they screwed the pooch so badly on this(during wedding season no less).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue!! Please let me know if you have a fix! I have clients waiting on last-minute Christmas photos! I am so upset... I just paid for my yearly renewal for it not to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the identical problem.  I've tried to import in variable forms (DNG, etc) with crashing the common denominator.   This is crazy and unacceptable.     Arrrgghh!!!    Not what I pay for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility you try is to use your system browser to download the images to a folder on your hard drive first, and then import into Lightroom using the Add option. Adobe has acknowledged that there is presently a problem importing from SD cards on some systems. On my Windows 10 system Lightroom would crash after importing during the first editing session following an import from an SD card, but no problems after that. If I copy the images to the hard drive first, and then import, I don't have that problem. It's worth a try until the problem is resolved by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we know where this issue stands, it just started in earnest on my Windows 10 system. Lightroom has been pretty stable for me up to this point, but this is sort of ridiculous that this stretches back to November with no fix on one of the basic uses of this program. The add workaround works, but I really hope Adobe doesn't think that is a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Day after day after day after day . . .

. . . . posts here about one version, or the other 'not working'  with an infinite number of results given.

I'm always amazed that most of the OPs think it's Adobe's fault, and that if Adobe doesn't make the software work on their system(s) Adobe is the cause.

User A User B

Both have identical software on their systems. Could be any iteration of Lr or any version #. As long as they are the same.

Ya have to compare exact softwares.

Software works just fine on user A's system but not on user B's.

Logic dictates the cause of the failure on system B is . . . . Adobe?  NOPE! It's user B's system!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... so I'm using a MacBook Pro, Sierra, and this did start after I upgraded the OS.  I was careful to make certain the Classic CC was upgraded as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Lightroom  6.7, MacOS High Sierra.

Anybody has a nice alternative to LR? Adobe has clearly lost their edge and have become poor quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this has been solved yet but had a client with this issue and found that his pictures directory (where his photos were stored) was "read only". Unchecked read only and was able to import successfully. The steps taken to determine the solution:

Created a new windows 10 profile

Logged into new profile and launched Lightroom 6

Uploaded a few sample file from camera

Import feature worked

Logged out of new profile and into old and copied pictures from "pictures directory onto "c"

Logged into new profile and was able to import those pictures

Logged back into old profile and checked attributes of pictures directory and found that it was set to "read only"

Unchecked read only and relaunched lightroom

Successful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...this has been happening to me lately, hit or miss.  Today LR just couldn't get through the import from the card and kept freezing.  Well, I'm a dummy and hate wasting time, so I uploaded the images (in Nikon NEF RAW format) directly to my 'puter from the card without going thru LR, put 'em in the same folder that LR was using (after cleaning it out from the previous attempts)...THEN just copied in the import section.  So, what I eliminated was "Copy as DNG" basically.  Successful import and just the time to import separate from LR as the added pain.  I kinda like the NEF files being base, so might, next time, just eliminate the "Copy as DNG" function and see how that goes...I know this is a work-around, but it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this work-around! You nailed where the glitch was for me: the "copy" part of the import. After manually moving them from my SD card to my external hardrive and then importing to that same drive using "move" files, it worked. This Lightroom crash has literally plagued me for months. Thank you once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines