• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR classic fails to update to 9.0 (mac os mojave)

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had an older version of LR classic, and I wanted to update to the latest - 9.0. 

I always get error 146 (update stops at 76 percent). Tried giving permissions to all the folders specified in the error (see attached), no result. 

Tried deleting the old version, installing a direct dowlonaded dmg from Adobe (its an older version sadly, not 9.0) and then update it .. Nothing. Always this error. A lot of troubleshooting is also written just for windows.. Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

Code: 146
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:9.0.0.201910151439
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 9.0.0.201910151439). Error code: '146'
WARN: Unable to move file at "/.adobeTemp/1B5C6CF8-EC3C-467B-AF48-0A7EE7C4C969/1/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Adobe Lightroom Classic.app/Contents/Frameworks/LogSession.framework/Resources" to "/Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Adobe Lightroom Classic.app/Contents/Frameworks/LogSession.framework/Resources" . Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaka 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

The Adobe installers are notoriously buggy. In this case, I would completely delete the /.adobeTemp/ directory first. If that doesn't work, run the Creative Cloud cleaner tool and completely wipe the Lightroom install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error indicates a permissions issue on the Lightroom app in your applications folder. You want to either make sure the Lightroom app in the folder has write permissions for all files inside the package for admin users or you want to uninstall it using the creative cloud app first and then reinstall it. You might need to use Adobe's Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to really wipe it if uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.

I have set permission to R/W to all those mentioned folders in the log to no avail. Or do i have to give permissions for any other folders?

I tried uninstalling / installing already, havent used the cleaner yet.

I havent had any issues installing other software up until now. Also the rest of the CC apps update properly.

Will report back.

Thanks,

Jaka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe installers are notoriously buggy. In this case, I would completely delete the /.adobeTemp/ directory first. If that doesn't work, run the Creative Cloud cleaner tool and completely wipe the Lightroom install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips and responsivness, it worked. Uninstalled using CC cleaner and now it works. Using normal uninstall didnt work.

I do still however have an issue with the latest Ai freezing on start, so this night is still a nightmare. 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that rebooting the computer fixes the problem of Adobe apps locking
up during starting them. Had that just this morning with media encoder.
Nothing helped until I rebooted the whole machine.
--
Web: http://lagemaatphoto.smugmug.com/
Blog : http://lagemaat.blogspot.com/
flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/lagemaatphoto/
facebook : https://www.facebook.com/JaoVanDeLagemaatPhotography
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JvdLagemaat
Instagram(@jvandela): https://www.instagram.com/jvandela/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, but i have tried pretty much everything today with Ai - cc clean, reboots, safe mode etc - so for now i settled for an older version of Ai which works (with this LR issue on top -fun saturday evening).  But nevermind, I opened a separate topic for that nut 🙂

thanks and have a good one!

j.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines