• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Sync Stuck Downloading

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Sync is stuck downloading files.  I see this when I go to Lightroom Sync in preferences.  how do i clear this?

Thanks for the help.

Denise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DRF1000 - what happens if you turn sync off? Is the develop module quicker? Is it all of the tools in the develop module that are slow or just the spot healing tool?

I had a few images that were chronically stuck in sync mode... I selected an image from the link > clicked the link which opened Lr in a browser and I deleted the image(s) that were stuck syncing. If the original image is missing Lr will get stuck every time it tries to sync it as it is unable to create a smart preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking for myself, it is slowing everything down in the Develop module.  Most significantly it is clicking from one picture to the next, takes at least 5-10 seconds each time, which gets super annoying.  When sync is put on pause, everything speeds right back up.

It doesn't seem to be that a particular image is stuck syncing, but that there are images being downloaded that were synced in my previous catalog and I carried over to be synced in the new catalog.  The downloading is glacially slow and I have a roughly 350mbps download speed that is pretty solid.

I can sync new images fine, they seem to jump to the top of the queue, but whenever I have to actually edit I turn the sync off.  Once I'm done with the job I'm working on now I'm going to just delete all synced data and start over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was slow.  But I had 470 files that were stuck syncing.  Going one by one to try to find and delete them was just not really an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the steps for deleting the files in the web browser? That might solve my problem but I can't figure out how to do that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the grid view > select the image > tap on the check mark in the circle > select delete. Test it first to make sure you're okay with removing it from all devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to chime in that with the update to 7.4 I've seen this issue take a drastic turnaround.  My pending 5k+ sync downloads that have been stuck for months all got taken care of overnight.  It looks like sync is back to working again!  I've got other bugs that have cropped up with 7.4, but I'll take this as a win!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue and was able to fix it.  What I did was went into my online account (lightroom.adobe.com) and when accessing my library there I could see a "Sync Errors" selection.  I selected each one of those and deleted them, and my issue was fixed!  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the sync feature, and now it's broken!  It's stuck downloading files.  It's very disheartening to see that Adobe has no good solution for this.  

I tried your suggestion.  I went to lightroom.adobe.com.  But all I see are my uploaded photos.  I do not see a "Sync Errors" selection.  Where should I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! It work, and Fix my LR problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines