• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Version 10.2 Develop Module. Secondary display Loupe view blurry image(low resolution).

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Secobdary monitor works fine in Loupe view at all magnification in Library mode. Once I swtich to Develop mode the secondary display in Loupe view will be fine for a split second and then it will become blurry. Looks like the 1:1 preview generated by the develop module  during edit is not displayed properly in the secondary monitor.

OSX Catalina. Imac 2021 5k  27". 64 gig RAM. Second Monitor Eizo CS2730

Tried turning off gpu acceleration and smart preview. No dice.

Work around is to go back to Library module to do loupe magnification after edit in Develop module. Not the best solution since no real time Loupe magnification during editng in Develop module.

Roll back to 10.1.1 and everything works fine. But I need 10.2 to open gfx100s raw file.

Any advice welcomed. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - secondary monitor is blurry in Loupe view - this happened with the latest update to LR Classic 10.2 - worked great before the update.

OSX Catalina, MacPro 2019 - 96GB RAM - AMD Radeon W5700X 16GB Video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have this too. MacOs Catalina, MacBookPro 16 inch 2019, 16Gb RAM
with two external monitors. Second screen is fine until; Loupe is fine at 100% until you go into Develop and try to actually use it for the purpose it's intended (!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - none at all.  The whole screen refresh rate and second monitor problem certainly arose with LR Classic 10.2.  It would be nice to see Adobe at least acknowledge the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same issue here, Big Sur 11.2.3, LrC 10.2, MBP 13" late 2013. Second monitor LG 27UL600 - 4k 3840x2160. I hadn't noticed but you're right - it works fine in Library but goes fuzzy when you shift to Develop module. What makes it worse is that it goes sharp for a second, then it flicks to blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and yes, as noted above downgrading to 10.1.1 has solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, so we've gone all the way from version 10 to version 11 with no fix for this? So frustrating that it is actually sharp for a second until it becomes blurred/pixelated.

Not sure if this is just a user support community or if there are adobe reps here, but it would be great if someone from the company could respond to this. It is a serious issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find a way to edit my comment, but wanted add that a silly and time consuming work around is to click back to library, and then again to develop. Then the image displays as sharp.

If anyone from Adobe is listening, please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe listens at https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872 This forum is primarily customers helping each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I discovered a mitigation!!

I recently had to replace my secondary monitor, and as a result was playing with some macOS settings I'd never touched before.

In System Preferences, go to Mission Control. Uncheck the box for "Displays have separate Spaces". (I did this while Lightroom was not open, did not check whether this matters).

It now appears that the loupe resolution/quality is the same in the main or secondary display.

For my workflow, I am still undecided about whether I prefer separate spaces for each display, but this definitely puts it over the edge for me. It would still be nice to have an actual fix, of course. Maybe this behavior helps point to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! No, this doesn't help, sorry. I can't delete my post above.

I accidentally reproduced the Develop -> Library -> Develop mitigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines