• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic won't open on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LightRoom Classic won't open on my PC, running Windows 10.

I have tried:

1-reinstalling.

2-starting from an older, backed-up catalog;

3-moving the catalog to a different file location.

So far, nothing works.

In some operations, I get a message I can't do something because LR is open.  But it isn't.

In my file manager, files called <wal> and <shm> are flashing off and on.  

Any ideas?  

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I tried to open a Lightroom catalog from an external hard drive and got the same "Lightoom-Opening Catalog spring summer fall" banner, without any catalog opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are willing to share- Put one of your catalogs (the .LRCAT file only)  into a compressed ZIP folder and attach it to a post. This might prove if it can be opened by somene else, and the problem is specific to your PC system.

Also, from the MENU in Lightroom-Catalog: Open the report from Help > System Info....  and copy&paste the top 10 lines into a reply.

And, can you create new catalogs in LrC?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, I can't open Lightroom at all, so I can't get to a menu or create a new catalog.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind reaching us via chat/call support channels so our product team can provide you with 1:1 assisted support using remote support options? Visit this page to initiate a chat from the chat bubble on the right corner of the page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Sameer K.  I am doing that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines