Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR: Color cast after masking

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear communitiy

Actually I'm on a phototour in southwest China (as many times before). During that time daily editing is essential to me. Since two days I encounter a strange behaviour of LR when I do mask the sky or the background: It produces a yellowish color cast in the masked part of the picture (no, it's not the overlay; overlay is turned off). I checked all the sliders. Nothing was touched. By the way: affected was also the face mask.

I'm working with LR classic newest version 13.0.01, updated several days before. So I first deinstalled LR and reinstalled it, reinstalled the previous version of LR and disabled GPU-enhancement. The bug was still there.

For the moment I found this workaround: I mask the sky, then invert this mask and delete the first mask. Then invert this already inverted mask again. As a result I get a masked sky with no color cast.

Did anybody out there encounter the same problem? I appreciate any help.

Best wishes

Jürg

[moved from bugs to discussions according to the community rules - Mod.]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

I'm sorry to hear that the latest driver couldn't fix it.

There's only one thing I know that it helps in various conditions: Resetting preferences. I never heard of it curing conditions like yours, however, it does not really hurt to try.
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update the GPU driver to the latest available from the manufacturer directly?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both, the one from Intel and the one from HP. Both couldn't be downloaded. Sometimes this is caused by "technical" problems here in China. Obviously I have to download them back home. I tried now for hours to get the driver. It didn't work. Sorry for that and thanks for your support & patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system informations

Lightroom Classic-Version: 13.0.1 [ 202310121438-d2af310c ]
Lizenz: Creative Cloud
Spracheinstellung: de
Betriebssystem: Windows 11 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 11.0.22621
Anwendungsarchitektur: x64
Systemarchitektur: x64
Anzahl logischer Prozessoren: 8
Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2.8GHz
SQLite-Version: 3.36.0
CPU-Auslastung: 1.0%
Integrierter Speicher: 16023.5 MB
Dedizierter GPU-Speicher, der von Lightroom verwendet wird: 623.4MB / 128.0MB (487%)
Für Lightroom verfügbarer phys. Speicher: 16023.5 MB
Von Lightroom verwendeter phys. Speicher: 1041.4 MB (6.4%)
Von Lightroom verwendeter virtueller Speicher: 3460.7 MB
Anzahl GDI-Objekte: 905
Anzahl BENUTZER-Objekte: 4106
Anzahl Prozess-Handles: 1803
Cache-Speichergröße: 28.0MB
Interne Camera Raw-Version: 16.0 [ 1677 ]
Maximale Anzahl Threads, die Camera Raw verwendet: 5
Camera Raw SIMD-Optimierung: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Virtueller Speicher in Camera Raw: 1117MB / 8011MB (13%)
Physischer Speicher in Camera Raw: 1146MB / 16023MB (7%)
DPI-Einstellung des Systems: 216 DPI (High-DPI-Modus)
Desktop-Komposition aktiviert: Ja
Standardvorschaugröße: 3840 Pixel
Monitore/Anzeigegeräte: 1) 3840x2160
Eingabetypen: Multitouch: Ja, integrierte Toucheingabe: Ja, integrierter Stift: Ja, externe Toucheingabe: Nein, externer Stift: Nein, Tastatur: Ja

Informationen zum Grafikprozessor:
DirectX: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics (30.0.100.9864)
Anfangsstatus: GPU für Anzeige wird standardmäßig mit Unterstützung für benutzerdefinierte Bildverarbeitung unterstützt
Benutzerpräferenz: Automatisch

Anwendungsordner: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Bibliothekspfad: C:\Users\jwies\Pictures\China 2023\China 2023-v13.lrcat
Einstellungen-Ordner: C:\Users\jwies\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installierte Zusatzmodule:
1) AdobeStock
2) Flickr
3) LogiOptions
4) Nikon Tether-Zusatzmodul

Config.lua-Flags: None

Adapter Nr. 1: Anbieter : 8086
Gerät : 9a49
Subsystem : 8812103c
Version : 1
Grafikspeicher : 128
Adapter Nr. 2: Anbieter : 8086
Grafikspeicher : 80
Adapter Nr. 3: Anbieter : 8086
Grafikspeicher : 80
Adapter Nr. 4: Anbieter : 1414
Gerät : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Version : 0
Grafikspeicher : 0
AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024
AudioDeviceName: $$$/dvaaudiodevice/SystemDefaultAndEffectiveDeviceName=System Default - Speaker (Realtek(R) Audio)#{comment}DVAAU-4201250: Open the audio hardware preferences page.
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 48000
Build: LR5x83
Direct2DEnabled: false
GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_BITS: 16
GL_ACCUM_BLUE_BITS: 16
GL_ACCUM_GREEN_BITS: 16
GL_ACCUM_RED_BITS: 16
GL_ALPHA_BITS: 8
GL_BLUE_BITS: 8
GL_DEPTH_BITS: 24
GL_GREEN_BITS: 8
GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS: 8
GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS: 16384,16384
GL_RED_BITS: 8
GL_RENDERER: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.60 - Build 30.0.100.9864
GL_STENCIL_BITS: 8
GL_VENDOR: Intel
GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 - Build 30.0.100.9864
GPUDeviceEnabled: false
OGLEnabled: true

[removed some unneeded information - Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try if it helps to update to the latest version available here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm back now from China. If I try to update my OEMs driver it tells me that I'm already running the newest driver. Nevertheless, under your link provided in your latest post there is a new driver available. But there are also several warnings to use the OEM driver instead of the generic driver. What's your proposal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest driver is essential if you're doing editing with GPU enabled. 

The OEM version probably has some customizations, but if you're not using them, it doesn't matter. 

You should be able to revert drivers if needed. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008628/graphics.html

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok., I installed the driver 31.0.101.4972 of Intel ARC Graphics Control. There is no change of the problem. The color cast in the sky after setting a mask is still visible.
I can still handle the problem by the following workaround: Create the mask, invert it and re-invert it. After that: Deleting the first two masks and working with the third mask is giving me what I was looking for: A mask of the sky with no initial color cast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I installed the newest version of LR 13.0.2 and was full of hope this update would solve my problem. Nope. It's still there, this nasty color cast...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that the latest driver couldn't fix it.

There's only one thing I know that it helps in various conditions: Resetting preferences. I never heard of it curing conditions like yours, however, it does not really hurt to try.
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear F. McLion, you are my personal hero!!! Thank you so much. After resetting the presets, the color cast was gone. 🙂 So I thank you and everybody who tried to help me. All the best from Europe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anytime 😉 .. and thanks for the feedback as this may help others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you have visually checked all the sliders, but even so it would IMO be a free experiment worth trying, to reinitialise the local adjustment settings fully. Perhaps there is something subtly lurking in Tone Curve or whatever other adjustment you may seldom refer to.

If not already so set, the Automaically Reset checkbox will ensure any freshly made mask will arrive "clean".

And for pre-existing masks, selecting a built-in local adjustment preset such as "Exposure" will overwrite zeroed settings onto everything else except the (in that case) Exposure slider. If doing this removes the colour cast, then some persisting setting was the explanation. If not, at least you have excluded that with certainty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines