• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR5 Crashing While Culling

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched over to Lightroom 5 last night, and am trying to go through the current rather large amount of photos I need to edit and after about 50-100 photos LR crashes, with no error messages or anything. Windows just says its stopped working and starts trying to find a solution. I have tried reinstalling twice, and running as admin. Nothing seems to be working.

I really want to use LR5 as it seems faster on this older machine. Any help would rock.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Thank you all who reported the issue and have volunteered to test out the bug fix. Adobe has posted a note on how to apply the hotfix. Please check out http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-5-crashes-editing-images.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dump file uploaded here, created by option A

http://cdn.leask.org/6m/PC/lightroom.7z

hope this is helpful, because the frquency of crashes is very bad 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you could mark this as solved (at least for the win 7 64 bit crash) with the provided patch I've been crash free since I installed a couple days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Looks to be fixed.

Thanks Simon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to know when Adobe is going to release the fix for this. Restarting LR every 150 culled photos got old a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fixed for me - why not send an email to sichen { at } adobe { dot } com and request a copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent a request a little earlier and am waiting on a reply. I was kind of hoping that since they've had a fix for about a week now that they'd send out an update to the program. Seems to me that this would be one of those things that you'd send out a fix for as soon as possible as the constant crashing affects more than just work flow, it breeds a sort of discontent and distrust with the user. But I'm glad the patch at least seems to wok once it's installed. Looking forward to getting ahold of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines