• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRc not importing images from iPhone X

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running LRc 9.4 and using a Mac, High Sierra (10.13.6).  I previously had an iPhone SE and imported without any problems.  When I import it states that, 'following files not imported because they cannot be read or the destination folder is not wrtitable'.  I am importing from an iPhone X (16.0.3).  I have changed in in the iPhone settings/camera capture to high efficiency.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac Finder, check the file system permissions on the destination drive and destination folder as listed in the LrC import screen. Sometimes, just opening that section of the import dialog fixes the problem.

Also check the security permissions for LrC in the Mac security program.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have done what you suggested but to no avail. Is it because my old version of Mac which cannot take updates from LRc and/or is incompatible with iPhone X?

Terence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you import the images? Do you perhaps use the built-in camera of Lightroom mobile and sync? The iPhone X is supported as camera for a long time, so your version 9.4 should support it. Syncing between Creative Cloud and Lightroom Classic requires version 10.4 minimum, however.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the USB from iPhone to Mac.

Terence
(Sent remotely from my iPhone)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I see no reason why Lightroom would not import the photos, unless you use Apple iCloud Photos and the iPhone has uploaded the photos to iCloud and deleted the full local copy.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Efficiency is HEIC or Apple ProRAW. Lightroom Classic 9.4 may not support that. Another thing to check is Preferences - Lightroom Sync in Lightroom Classic. Check what destination folder is specified here. The folder must be inside your Home folder, otherwise it may be off limits to Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines