• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC not showing mask options

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so sometimes LrC fails to show the various mask options within the Develop module. That is, after clicking on the Mask symbol, the drop down editing sliders appear (Effect: Exposure:, etc.) but the type of mask options--Select Subject, Select Sky, etc.--are not shown. I've attached two screenshots showing this problem. The problem is somewhat intermittent, usually happens with previously edited photos, and is resolved by closing and re-opening LrC and seems to re-occur after a while of use.

I am running the most updated LrC version, 11.2, on an Apple M1 Max 14" Macbook Pro with 64gbs of RAM, running Monterery 12.2.1.

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask panel is probably simply to the left of the right side panel, as is its default.

or, you have accidentally hidden it.

Try Shift + W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I think not. I've tried that and it did not work. For example, see the attached screenshot: you can see a prior mask highlighted with the red overlay but no mask window showing that mask (or the others).

Maybe an M1 chip issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is a screenshot after quitting LrC and restarting showing all the masks. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the larger screenshot. That is more informative. So a very odd problem, in the screenshot (Thanks, but I think not), clearly you are actively in a mask, a mask using a Brush, the correct adjustments panel is open and in use, BUT the mask panel is missing. Very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, exactly right. And as you can see from the next post and attached screenshot, there are a bunch of masks in the Mask panel.

The problem is intermittent, but it does seem to occur after I've had LrC open a while.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another reply now that I understand the problem better. Note that for some reason I cannot edit the prvious, hence this extra reply. Sorry about that, and sorry I did not clearly understand earlier.

I can now see that this is probably a bug, And I can now note that I for one have been in discussion with at least one other member on the ame issue. (not solved)

see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mask-panel-does-not-appear-in-full-sc... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, very interesting. I have not tried the trick of moving to a new window in my Apple's space, or of exiting full screen mode, will try that next time this re-occurs.

I may have a related issue though and that is that after the latest upgrade I no longer have have the red and green dots to close and expand the application; if I want to go full screen, I have to go to Window and choose "Enter Full Window", see screenshot.

Wonder if this is related, or is this way app is supposed to work after update? Think not.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not a bug. Probably, the photo that doesn't allow Select Sky and others was edited using an old Process Version. You need to update the Process Version for that photo to the current Process Version (sometimes called Process Version 5) and then you will be allowed to Select Sky. CAUTION: updating the Process Version can cause the image to change its appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no previous process photos found in library. And I was able to use all the masks on the photo, that's not the issue, the issue is that sometimes thereafter I can't see the masks in the Mask panel. Pls see above posts and accompanying screenshots.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAICT the glitches with the floating Masks panel will go away once that panel is dragged to "dock" itself just below the Histogram (I am using Windows not MacOS, in case that makes a difference).

In this placement I have found it will open and close reliably, along with the related adjustments panel, as you enter or leave local-adjustment mode. That is regardless of the Process Version used by individual images, as far as I can tell.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard, very interesting, I tried your trick and it worked, even though I'm running an M1 MacBook Pro. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines