• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC showing incorrect file sizes

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC is showing incorrect file sizes for thousands of my pictures. It is typically displaying a file size of 8.2 to 8.5Mb per picture, however if you view the file in finder they are only 2 to 3 Mb. I am using version 10.1 on iMac using Big Sur (don't get me started on that). Thanks for any assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Are you viewing megapixels displayed above thumbnails in Grid view:

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 1.28.27 PM.png

or megabytes displayed in the Metadata panel:

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 1.29.40 PM.png

If the megabytes shown in the Metadata panel doesn't match megabytes shown in Finder, please post screenshots of both showing the mismatch.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the File Size with the Mac Finder program. I bet it is showing the same exact size and or something Very Close To that Exact Size

Just because Some, Most, every other image file on your system is showing a size of between 8.2 > 8.5 doesn't mean EVERY image file is that same size.

And actually LrC is only displaying what the OS is telling it. LrC is reading the File Size the OS has Recored for that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Are you viewing megapixels displayed above thumbnails in Grid view:

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 1.28.27 PM.png

or megabytes displayed in the Metadata panel:

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 1.29.40 PM.png

If the megabytes shown in the Metadata panel doesn't match megabytes shown in Finder, please post screenshots of both showing the mismatch.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'Oh!!

Sorry, you have hit the nail on the head, I feel such a twit.

Thanks for the very prompt assistance. I now need to change my name to preserve waht little pride I have left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a common-enough mistake, especially since the font size of the labels "MP" and "MB" are so small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines