• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC, survey mode not showing stars and flags (disappeared)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

using LRC (latest version) stopped showing star & flag ratings in survey mode, all of the sudden, yesterday it worked. At the same time stars disappeared from my grid-veiw, but I managed to fix it from settings menu.  Not working when survey on secondary display, neither on main display.

Any way to fix that? 

Screenshot attached

thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

You are in Second Screen mode.  The Flags, Ratings etc do not show there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Hi, 

yes, but it was an issue on primary screen too... Which I just managed to fix it though (yay!) - using johnrellis tip to go through menu instead of just hitting N to get to Survey mode. Now I see ratings on primary screen (a pity it's not on secondary, but I can survive that).

Thank you all!

Tomas 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble experienced in Lightroom Classic.

Which Windows version are you using? Is it happening after any latest updates? Can you please try to hover the mouse over the photo or the tiny strip just under the photo and see what happens? Would you mind changing the background color once?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

thank you for your response.

I tried to switch the background color (found it as one of the possible solutions to this), did not help. 

I'm using windows 10 enterprise, version 10.0.19044, i'm not aware of any update, it happened pretty much all of the sudden. 

When hovering the mouse just under the photo nothing happens, in places where used to be flags is nothing. The photo gets "active" when the top of the cursor is at the edge of the shadow (see screenshot, from blue line above)

thank you

Tomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Tomas, it appears from your screenshots that your LR is in Loupe view, not Survey. On Windows, images in Survey view have a dark grey border:

johnrellis_0-1643070241328.png

While in Loupe view, there is no border:

johnrellis_1-1643070326218.png

Rather than use the keyboard shortcuts, try doing the menu commands View > Loupe and View > Survey.  When you do View > Survey, do you now see the flags and star rating applied to a photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm definitely in Survey mode...  see attached

thanks

T. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Lightroom Classic Preference file as described in Method 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I haven't yet. Before I do so, which settings go to default? I don't want to end up setting up all again 🙂 thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the setttings in Edit> Preferences will be changed to their default settings. You will also have to reinstall cutom plugins you have added. I keep a Word document with screenshots of each Preferences tab so I can change them back to my settings. I suggest you also plave a copy of your Preferences file on the Desktop so you can easily restore it if of no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in Second Screen mode.  The Flags, Ratings etc do not show there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

yes, but it was an issue on primary screen too... Which I just managed to fix it though (yay!) - using johnrellis tip to go through menu instead of just hitting N to get to Survey mode. Now I see ratings on primary screen (a pity it's not on secondary, but I can survive that).

Thank you all!

Tomas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Which I just managed to fix it though ... to go through menu instead of just hitting N to get to Survey mode."

That's a pretty good indicator that the preferences file is corrupt. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oddly, after testing this for the issue I had the Ratings and Labels disappear in Survey mode on the Main screen (I was not using dual screen mode).  Hitting N, using the Menu or the Toolbar buttons would not bring them back.  I finally switched the Background Colors to a different color and then back and they showd up.  There seems to be multiple issues with Survey View and the Flags, Ratings and Labels but I havent found a way to reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines